Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

361 - 380 of 424 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
Good morning.

Logan met a lab puppy today (Max) who is a month younger and weighs 15lbs more than Logan. He was very sweet and also tall.

We had a good walk, but it's heating up here. Logan's life surroundings are about to change because we are heading to Cashiers, N.C. on June 4th (4,000ft elevation - yay!) for most of the summer.

From our walk -- Logan at 6.5 months old:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #363
Logan has been enjoying pool life because it's heating up in South Carolina:

I had to give him an assist here. lol

I have a video of him jumping from his float also once I get the chance to upload it. He's so self-assured, sweet, and smart.

·
Super Moderator
2,953 Posts
Bath photos -- lol at the crazy eye in the towel photo. He looks forlorn, but he gets real excited when I say "Bath!" and jumps onto the side of the tub to get in. That may have been his last tub bath -- getting to be a big boy. He's also good about me drying him, so I'm glad he is cool with it.

The towel pic is just fabulous. Really made me smile!

Reactions: diane0905

·
Super Moderator
2,953 Posts
We are going on our first road trip today to the mountains of North Carolina. I know Logan is going to love it.

We just went on our morning walk and Logan earned an A+++ -- no lunging excitedly at other people or dogs. That was a first, although he's been getting better as we go along. He had yeast in his ear, so he had to get an ear pack yesterday -- but it seems much better today. I had just bathed him and the guy flushed his ears and made his ear hair gunky. Boo. Hiss.

Anyhoo, still beautiful. He saw a squirrel on the roof today and found it very entertaining as it was active and loud.

I like the "looking regal" explanation better than staring at a squirrel. I know that look though...

·
Super Moderator
2,953 Posts
Logan has been enjoying pool life because it's heating up in South Carolina:

I had to give him an assist here. lol

I have a video of him jumping from his float also once I get the chance to upload it. He's so self-assured, sweet, and smart.
He looks so content. Might want to throw some trout in there for him.

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
Rukie and I are so jealous of your beautiful pool. It's a little too cool year round here in the mountains to bother with one but it sure looks inviting. Logan looks great. I love your pictures.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #371
He looks so content. Might want to throw some trout in there for him.
My granddaughter, Grace, is seven and she told me yesterday she had found a dead shrimp and had put it up on the side. I told her I was sure whatever it was, it was not a dead shrimp. (Her mom doesn't like seafood. 😅) It turned out to be an oak tree squiggly (catkin.)

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #372
Rukie and I are so jealous of your beautiful pool. It's a little too cool year round here in the mountains to bother with one but it sure looks inviting. Logan looks great. I love your pictures.
Thank you! Columbia is like an oven in the summer with the heat and humidity. I can see where it would seem to cool in the mountains because it's June here before I stop thinking the water feels cold.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #376
I had to head up to Cashiers, N.C. because our remodel is finally done. I headed up on my own and my husband, Brian, was going to come with the dogs two days later. Alas, the house wasn't really ready enough to move in and there was quite a bit of construction debris. I told Brian there was no way Logan could head up here with all the screws, nails, etc. -- and so much construction dust.

So, I've been working away cleaning and cleaning -- getting furniture moved in, things finished construction-wise and so on. Brian will be here on this Thursday with the dogs finally. This is the first time I've been away from Logan and it was a 10 day stint. Ugh! Thankfully, things should be squared away by then for Logan and Abby to roam. They will love the screened porch for hanging out (with the house open for them to go in and out, of course.) They love hanging out on porches.

Logan doesn't seem to be suffering too much without me, but Brian keeps saying he misses me. He's been swimming and Brian says doing so well on walks. I'm usually the one who walks him, so it's good to know the training is taking.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #378
Logan and Abby are here now with me in the mountains. They love it so much. As expected, the screened porch is a hit. There's also a dog park that goes with this golf community. It's a huge fenced in area and very pretty. So far, it's been their own private dog park. We've gone three times and no other dogs.

They both enjoy the cooler weather. Logan keeps putting his nose up and sniffing outside. Perhaps he's smelling a bear.

These are of them at the dog park...

361 - 380 of 424 Posts