Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

341 - 360 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #344
Bath photos -- lol at the crazy eye in the towel photo. He looks forlorn, but he gets real excited when I say "Bath!" and jumps onto the side of the tub to get in. That may have been his last tub bath -- getting to be a big boy. He's also good about me drying him, so I'm glad he is cool with it.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #347
Looking so cute after his bath! Hope you have a safe trip and that Logan likes the mountains!

Thank you! We will be as safe as possible and I know he's going to love the mountains. So many new smells. Loose lead walking will bite the dust. 😅

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #350
We are going on our first road trip today to the mountains of North Carolina. I know Logan is going to love it.

We just went on our morning walk and Logan earned an A+++ -- no lunging excitedly at other people or dogs. That was a first, although he's been getting better as we go along. He had yeast in his ear, so he had to get an ear pack yesterday -- but it seems much better today. I had just bathed him and the guy flushed his ears and made his ear hair gunky. Boo. Hiss.

Anyhoo, still beautiful. He saw a squirrel on the roof today and found it very entertaining as it was active and loud.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
He looks just as happy as always. Was he good on the trip?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #353
So good! We were happy to see he travels so peacefully. We went to the dog park in the neighborhood of the house we are remodeling in North Carolina and it’s huge and there were zero dogs, so Logan and Abby had it all to themselves. They were shocked they were unleashed to roam freely. 😅

Our vet from Columbia SC saw us and walked up to speak. He and his wife are vacationing up here.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #354
Morning walk. I played fetch with him and then took him on his morning walk. He gets an A+ today for loose lead walking. I can definitely tell it's his teenage years though. One day he'll do fantastic and the next he just is overwhelmed by his surroundings/hormones/energy level/what have you. 😁

Oh! And I have no idea how to teach him to catch something in the air, but today he caught two of the treats I tossed at him with a soft arc. He thought that was entertaining.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #355
I also meant to add, we've been working on our AKC Intermediate Tricks stuff.

We're going with:

1) Fetch ball 20 ft away and deliver to hand

2) Manipulate his game to find treats

3) Hand signals sit, down, come, stand

4) Heeling with automatic sit

5) Leg Weave

6) Paw's Up (on my arm)

7) Roll Over

8) Wave goodbye/hello

9) Crawl five body lenths

10) Wobble Board

He knows all but the wobble board. Once his board gets here in early June, I'll get him to do that and then we are set to do our video for submission to get his Intermediate tricks title.

Once that is done, I'm going to work on teaching him (and me) so he can get his Novice Rally Title. Fun! We've been renovating a mountain home and it's ready on June 4th. Once we are in there, I can work on his rally stuff out in the meadow behind the house.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #356
I took Logan to the vet yesterday because he had yeast in his ear and it was a recheck. He said he looks great. Logan gained five pounds in one week. He's 45lbs now!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #357
Hard not to smile at this sweet face. He made me forget I was on the phone 45 minutes trying to get something ordered.

341 - 360 of 375 Posts