Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

321 - 340 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #323

Six month old Logan: "I'm very serious first thing in the morning."

I think he's disappointed momma doesn't do early morning jaunts outdoors. I'm more of a 9:00 a.m. person until it gets too hot -- then we go earlier if it's not terribly muggy or swim.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
He looks too grown up already, but so handsome.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts

Six month old Logan: "I'm very serious first thing in the morning."

I think he's disappointed momma doesn't do early morning jaunts outdoors. I'm more of a 9:00 a.m. person until it gets too hot -- then we go earlier if it's not terribly muggy or swim.
Favorite pic of the day! I love, love, love that face.❤

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #326
He looks too grown up already, but so handsome.
Thank you. It goes by quickly. He's such a funny puppy. Half of each day he almost seems grown up. The other half, it's like someone pushes the adolescent button and it's very entertaining.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #327
Favorite pic of the day! I love, love, love that face.❤
Thank you! Me too.

You should have seen the look he was giving me yesterday when I was teaching him to wave and didn't notice I was saying "wait" instead of stay when I moved away from him for him to wave. So, basically I was giving a puppy the commands "Wait" "Wave!" That's not confusing any. 🤣

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #328
I took this photo of Logan this morning. My husband said I should have entered it in the sunny photos contest, but I like smiling photos. He is a pretty serious boy first thing in the morning though when Abby & dad are off to go potty. Well, Abby is the one going potty. lol

He sits with his little hips off kilter. I guess I should look at the training videos for how to make him tuck sit -- but it's so cute when he's askew.

This is at the top of a little hill we climb to look across a pond. Sometimes Luke and I used to luck up and see ducks or geese. I hope Logan gets treated to them also.

We've been working on intermediate tricks.

So far, we've worked on and are perfecting:

leg weaves, wave hello/goodbye, and paws up on my arm.

He knows:

Heel with automatic sit, roll over, hand signals for down, come, and stand, fetch 20 feet and bring the ball back to my hand.

I ordered a game for him to manipulate. It should be here soon.

That's eight.

I think he would do the weave poles easily because a food lure is allowed for that. He'll follow a treat anywhere. lol

I still may get him a wobble board.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #333
Puppy love going on this morning:

They both need baths. All this time, I thought Abby's groomer was closed. She has been open. No appointments for almost two weeks. I groomed Abby once myself since this virus, but she's overdue. I brushed her yesterday and her hair looks like this today. Ugh! I'm going to bathe them both next week. We are going to North Carolina on the 17th and I want them all fresh and pretty for the trip. I'm ordering Logan a grooming table today. It's my Mother's Day present to me. My mother is in heaven.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Sweet picture even if they do need a bath.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #337
Logan did so well loose lead walking today! Makes me proud. This is a very short clip of us doing heel and halt. He auto halts, so I don't know why it was coming out of my mouth when recording.

These are photos of Logan striking a pose during our walk today. It's beautiful here -- sunny, but not hot. Hot is coming very soon.

It's bath week and off to the mountains of North Carolina on Sunday. It looks like it will be thunderstorming, but hopefully scattered so we can take him on a short hiking trail. He'll love that. It will be his first hotel visit also.

321 - 340 of 375 Posts