Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

181 - 200 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
look at that boy!
Isn't he so sweet?! He's always more serious when we are out in the front yard in the morning because of Abby/cul de sac. I told him after his shots on Monday, we are going to start venturing out there too. He is so fun to watch teaching him "come" on the long line. He loves it and smiles away.

Oh -- and you should see him lining up for teeth brushing each evening right before he and Abby crates. He loves it and sits there so nicely while I brush his teeth.

He's taking his morning nap right now. He's out in the house for two hours in the morning playing with Abby, going in and out, eating, etc. and then it's nap time. ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just can't get enough of his serious little face, watching Abby in the cul de sac. It sounds like you're having fun training together. Brushing teeth is a party in our house too - does Logan love the doggy toothpaste?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
I just can't get enough of his serious little face, watching Abby in the cul de sac. It sounds like you're having fun training together. Brushing teeth is a party in our house too - does Logan love the doggy toothpaste?
He does love it! I think it's why they are so cooperative about having their teeth brushed. I could smack my husband because I've been doing this forever with Luke and Abby without noticing a smell. It's poultry flavored toothpaste. Well, with Logan starting out he held him while I did Abby's and then while I did Logan's. He kept saying, "That smells really disgusting!!" Now I notice it. ?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Lol teeth brushing is always fun. I’ve started alternating between Dr. Brite Pet Pure Oral Cleansing Spray and Petz Life Oral Care gel!

·
Super Moderator Leader
46,391 Posts
He's such a good looking little guy, he's going to be a handsome big boy!
Fun reading your updates about him and seeing the great pictures!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Lol teeth brushing is always fun. I’ve started alternating between Dr. Brite Pet Pure Oral Cleansing Spray and Petz Life Oral Care gel!
I use Enzadent Poultry Flavored Toothpaste. I tried once to use a gel that had more of a mint flavor to it and Luke and Abby voted no way. I also accidentally one time started brushing Luke's teeth with people Crest Mint Gel Toothpaste and he was very displeased. I felt so bad and immediately brushed for a while with the poultry to try to get the taste out of his mouth. ?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
He's such a good looking little guy, he's going to be a handsome big boy!
Fun reading your updates about him and seeing the great pictures!
Thank you! I can tell he is going to be such a handsome adult dog. He's a spirited puppy and I love it. Teenager time should be happening. lol

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
Happy Wednesday!

Rain again. We've had so much rain this year. Yuck!

Logan had his first session with a private trainer today. I hate to brag, but I've given birth to a puppy genius. ? ?

He let her (and me) work with him for a full hour and we did a little walking on a leash, down, sit, stay, and a new one -- touch. It's like he knew what to do for touch immediately and he didn't miss a beat, so she introduced the word also. I guess Harvard it is. haha

He hasn't reacted from the shots yet this time. He is on preemptive meds, so maybe that will be the trick.

Logan gets to go on his first road trip at the end of March, BTW, once he gets all his shots done. We are going to Cashiers, North Carolina so he will get to enjoy the mountains.

Here are a few from this morning. It's difficult to take photos, hold a phone, hold an umbrella, and hold a leash. He is fascinated by the umbrella.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
Happy Friday!

First bath for Logan since he moved in with us. I would have done it sooner, but I figured why since we've been going through a monsoon season. The sun came out today!

The dry photos of Logan are pre-bath.

He was brave enough to put the sprayer wand into his mouth. lol

He also pawed at the hair dryer like a cat would, but wasn't scared -- he kept coming back in for more like it was a toy. Luckily, Abby was in the bathroom with us and I showed him on her and she just sits there because she's used to being groomed. ?

·
Golden Ret Enthusiast
1,639 Posts
hahaha my goodness hes so cute! he looks liek hes already needing an ear trim but I didn't do maggies first till like 5 or 6 months. You don't want to touch it.

The whole bit about brushing their teeth. I never could be bothered with that! I do raw beef marrow bones, 1 a week or once every other week and I have never had to to have my dogs teeth cleaned ever. I attached a pic of Maggie from 2/23 this year (26 months old to the day actually) her teeth from just marrow bones (some raw food too) still perfectly 100% white.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
hahaha my goodness hes so cute! he looks liek hes already needing an ear trim but I didn't do maggies first till like 5 or 6 months. You don't want to touch it.

The whole bit about brushing their teeth. I never could be bothered with that! I do raw beef marrow bones, 1 a week or once every other week and I have never had to to have my dogs teeth cleaned ever. I attached a pic of Maggie from 2/23 this year (26 months old to the day actually) her teeth from just marrow bones (some raw food too) still perfectly 100% white.

View attachment 870733
Nice teeth! Sweet Maggie. ?

I don't mind at all brushing their teeth at night. It makes me smile and they seem to love it.

I've been trimming his feet and paw pads, but haven't touched his head. I'm not sure how I would go about it. I bought thinning shears, but those things are so sharp I have trouble using them without cutting me. I'd be scared a puppy would move and that would end badly.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
Logan had his second one on one session with a trainer today. He's doing touch like a pro and will now sit while I walk a complete circle around him. He's staying very well and is starting to go down with just a hand signal. Today we worked on leave it. I also work with him every single day on walking properly on a leash. It's crazy how quickly he picks up on something when she first shows it to him. Then I take over and we move to different places to practice the commands.

We had sunny 77 degree weather today. It felt like spring for sure.

Look at his sweet little feathers!

·
Super Moderator
1,644 Posts
He looks fabulous!!! After you get his training sorted out please send him up here for a weekend to work with Oscar...

181 - 200 of 244 Posts