Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,638 Posts
What an adorable puppy. I hope you can get the murmur question resolved so that you know where you stand.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I don't think I was ever given a "grade" on my pup's murmur. I just remember being told "probably minor" after the first exam, and "serious and likely the dog won't live more than a few years" after the second opinion. Fingers, toes and paws are crossed for Dug's murmur being no big deal!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks everyone for your wishes! Dug is finally home with us and the vet/cardiologist confirmed he has a grade 2 murmur. He did not want to assess much of the cause at this moment and we will wait and evaluate how it is progressing in the next visits. When he is 16 weeks then we will try to find the cause if it doesn't disappear by itself.
He is doing great at the home although he is not a fan of the crate yet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thank you all for the kind wishes!
Dug is doing well, as of yesterday still has a murmur at 10 weeks but other than that is very healthy! Had his second round of shots and didn’t even complain about the needle.
So dar he has learned sit and is asking to go outside to potty. We are taking him to our back patio since the vet didn’t recommend him going on the grass in the front of the house. Zero #2 accidents inside and lately #1 accidents are limited to once a day. The fact that I’m working from home during this COVID crisis might be helping with this. He stopped crying from the crate on day 2, only whines a little when we leave him to leave the house but looking at the camera to check on him the whining only lasts about 3 or 4 minutes.
very mouthy little guy as we expected though haha those little teeth are no joke haha

I’ll post some pictures in the next post!

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
He is so adorable. Thanks for sharing his pics. Makes me want a puppy cuddle.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts