Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Introducing Chance!

Chance is a four year old Flat Coated Retriever that is my task trained service dog. He also competes in agility, is a demo dog for positive reinforcement training and responsible animal ownership, and is just about the sweetest dog I know!

I adopted Chance when he was ten months old from Ani-Care Animal Shelter in Ontario, Oregon. He had already been to five homes in that time! Now, he's a model citizen and we'd like to give back to Ani-Care for taking such good care of Chance when he was a pup.

Chance is in a competition and is currently in third place (ends in 24 hours). This is where you come in. It's a vote contest and the first place winner is the only one who earns a donation to their shelter of choice.

It literally takes less than 20 seconds to vote and we would appreciate any help that you can give us!

Here's the link: http://woobox.com/kmtgch/gallery/6GrT-GKmsKs

Thank you all in advance!

Attachments

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Chance

Your Chance is a beautiful boy. I wish you all of the luck in the world.
I voted for him!!:):):wavey::wavey:

Reactions: amanda.amore

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you to everyone that has voted already! We are quickly approaching second place.

And thank you for all of the kind words about Chance. All of your dogs are gorgeous!

Reactions: CAROLINA MOM

·
Duke & Nala's Mom 🐾
658 Posts
Voted!

Chance is gorgeous! I thought it was funny how I came upon this, as I'm intrigued at what Nala will look like(she is a black golden retriever). I've noticed there isn't too much of a difference between Flat-Coated and Black Goldens or if there even is a difference besides a longer face on the Flat-Coated. Overall Chance is a beautiful dog. Good luck. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you for voting, and for the kind words!

Both of your pups are beautiful! I've noticed that Chance essentially is just a black Golden, so I'm really curious to see how Nala looks while she grows up. How did she come about as a black Golden?

·
Duke & Nala's Mom 🐾
658 Posts
Thank you for voting, and for the kind words!

Both of your pups are beautiful! I've noticed that Chance essentially is just a black Golden, so I'm really curious to see how Nala looks while she grows up. How did she come about as a black Golden?
I was thinking he has more of a shorter snout than Flat-Coated, haha. :)

Nala's mom is an AKC English Cream Golden Retriever
Her dad is an AKC Black Labrador
I got her from Craigslist, amazing people! They take great care of her mom. Nala came from an "oops" litter. I'm excited to see her grow and see the resemblance between her and Chance!

How did Chance come about?

Here is a picture of her mom and her when she was 6 weeks old!

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nala's mom is an AKC English Cream Golden Retriever
Her dad is an AKC Black Labrador
I got her from Craigslist, amazing people! They take great care of her mom. Nala came from an "oops" litter. I'm excited to see her grow and see the resemblance between her and Chance!

How did Chance come about?

She's adorable! I got my younger dog from Craigslist. He's a Border Collie/Golden Retriever mix named Bramble. He was also from an "oops" litter.

I'm not sure how Chance came about since he was in and out of the shelter so much:( He looks so similar to Flat-Coated Retrievers and I am asked so often that it's easier to just say he is one.

The picture here is of Bramble.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts