Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I am new here but have been lurking around for a few weeks getting ready to bring home our first golden puppy. We brought her home on Friday. Things have been going fairly well. She has gotten progressively better about her crate and has only had a few accidents(mostly my fault for not watching her closely enough). We are working on the fact that anything within a foot of her mouth seems to be fair game for biting.

Attachments

·
Registered
958 Posts
What a great photo to start off your golden photo collection....and we do wanna see lots more photos. The puppy days don't last for long, so keep that camera clicking.

This being you first golden, you should know that you are in for the experience of a lifetime in the coming years...there are few things in life better than having a golden. The puppy days can be difficult at times, but working through all troubles are sooo worth it.

We lost our first golden in January. We now have a 17 month old (Ruby), and an 11 month old (Gracie). We are hooked on goldens....life is so black and white without them.

Oh, almost forgot:doh:, Welcome home Bell!!!

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
Cute! I love that picture - she's just chilling with her dinner... Can't wait to see more pictures :)

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Would you just look at that face!!! She's adorable.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Very cute with those curls. You will find tons of advice here for the biting issues. Biting is just one of those things that golden puppies do and need to be trained away from doing.

·
Registered
86 Posts
She is adorable!

Our Daisy is 5 months now, and looking back at our photo's of her when she was your pups age, is amazing how grow so quick .

And as mentioned above, a pup/dog will totally transform your life with all the joy. love and happiness they bring - they will give what they receive - Only love and happiness.

The first few months are going to be hard work, even though I am at home with Daisy all day, I still found it really hard work for the first few months! and I think it's mainly down to their teething, and beleive me you will start to wonder if their biting of toes/hands/furniture/clothing etc is Ever going to end!! But it does :) ;-)

My Daisy is now starting to and finally settling down really well - hurrah!! her teething is virtually finished :) I have also noticed that now at 5 months, and her teething is virtually finished with, that she is listening far more to my commands, and learning lots better - maybe it's because they are not in so much pain with the teething - Ouch - Ouch - it is very painful for them, hence their naugtyness :-( Poor little mites.

I am sure you will find this forum a real help in the coming months, Especially if this is your first pup? there are so many of us who have all had the same problems of puppyhood that is due your way, and we can all help you get through the coming months should any problem arise with you.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
She is just a little bundle of cuteness. Make sure you are taking lots of pictures because she will grow up so fast. I love that picture of her.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Welcome Bell

You are such a little darling Bell! I can't hardly wait until this coming Sunday after Christmas to go see our little cherub! She will be three weeks old on Christmas! I told my husband all I wanted for Christmas was to drive to Maine to see the 7 puppies that were born, 4 girls and 3 boys. I am getting my Christmas wish, weather pending. Pray for a clear day!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
She is just darling! Congrats on your new girl!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone! I will most definitely be posting more pictures. I just need to get them loaded onto my computer. Today was a great. Only one accident in the house and a little less biting.

Blondie- Hope the weather cooperates for you and of course we all need to see pics when you get home.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts