Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I miss my Buddy
11,531 Posts
Thank you for showing us your Maya. She is beautiful and I love her name. My daughter has the same name.

·
Registered
26 Posts
This is so nice that he carries stuff for you! It is showing a strong relationship!
If I am not wrong, you have adopted him 4 days ago? While he is 4.5 yo?
Oh sorry, big error! He turned 4.5 on 2/22 and I got him when he was 6 months and 4 days old. So I have had him 4 years now as of 2/26.

Thanks for pointing that out! :D

·
Registered
774 Posts
I remember when we had our 2009 group when we first got our puppies and now they are 5 years old already!

My Duffy was born in September 2009. He is a big boy at 85 lbs, but very fit and not the least bit overweight - just a big, tall guy. Healthwise, he is doing great.

Are there any other members of the group still around? I'd love to hear about your dogs!

Kris

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have River and he is doing well! I can't believe he is almost 5 1/2 years old and I will have had him 5 years on Feb. 26th. He is about 55 pounds. He has supplied quite the adventure and entertainment. He is now a Trick Dog Champion and Therapy Dog. I still have not finished his APDT Rally level 3, although he has a perfect leg. Last year we met Dawn Wolf an animal acting agent and we got to do a professional photo shoot. He makes me laugh everyday and he entertains everyone he comes in contact with!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank's for warming up the conversation about our GRs.
Our Maya is doing great! We have just returned home from our daily afternoon walk at the hill. And she is muddy and wet as she was playing in a muddy pond...

She is adorable, even when she does these dirty tricks!!! ;-)

·
Registered
774 Posts
so nice to hear about River and Maya!

Duffy passed his Canine Good Citizen a couple of years ago and completed Rainbow training to be a therapy dog.

Up until the Rainbow training he had been great around other dogs, friendly and calm. At the Rainbow class, there was a gsd that constantly gave Duffy the lowered head stare and this totally freaked Duffy out. He would go out of control and we would have to take him to the corner to calm down. But inevitably, the GSD would do it again.

Since then, Duffy has become very reactive to other dogs, barks and jumps when he sees or comes near a strange dog. For this reason, I am unable to take him out as a therapy dog, which is hugely disappointing to me.

It's not his fault, I don't blame him. In fact, I blame him for very little, I love him so much and he is perfect to me!

Kris

1 - 14 of 14 Posts