Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our 7 month old girl, May, who we have been fostering for the past few months has gone to her forever pet home! Although May is a very nice girl, she just didn't come together totally. I should feel sad but I'm not - she's gone to an absolutely amazing home.

Her new parents are a semi retired doctor and his nurse wife who already have a 10 year old golden girl and goldens are the only breed! May now has a huge back yard complete with an inground swimming pool built so dogs can swim without tearing a liner, lots of trees and squirrels. She gets along great with her mature golden sister, Chelsey and Chelsey has become a little more alert since May's arrival. Her new family are very active and May goes on twice daily walks of at least 2 miles through forest trails and a family trip (including golden kids) to the ocean is planned this summer. This family is what every breeder hopes their babies go to.

Most importantly, May is very happy & after meeting her new Dad, left our home without a glance back - she knew that she was going to a home where she would be loved and cared for.

I had to laugh when Henri reported that May had gotten him into trouble:uhoh::uhoh::doh::doh:. He further explained that he had been playing ball with May in the house :no::no: for over an hour when his wife came over & took the ball away with the comment "That's enough!!!!" I'm sure that this comment was made after a piece of furniture was moved out of place or something was knocked down.

May's new Dad is also a very accomplished photographer & I'm sure there will be lots of amazing pictures - hopefully posted here!

May will be continuing her obedience training with her new family & they'll be travelling the 3 1/2 hours return that I do weekly. She'll also be going in for a spay on Thursday & she will have the best care upon her return home with a doctor and nurse for her new Dad & Mom.

I am absolutely THRILLED for May's forever family!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
May

May-Good Girl!! Have a beautiful life and bless your Foster Mom!!!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
It sounds like she really hit the jackpot in her new furever home. The story with her Dad and ball playing cracked me up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts