Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Our beautiful golden rescue boy Maxx has metastatic histiocytic sarcoma. He
Is only 3 1/2 years old and we are completely devastated. Spleen was removed with emergency surgery, tumors on spleen and liver. Treating him with chemo at Blue Pearl in Tampa however prognosis with chemo is 4-6 months.

Very grave prognosis- if anyone has dietary, holistic or any other advice during the short time we have left please let me know. Pictures and info at
www.facebook.com/leaelise
And Maxx:

Thank you so much. Lea

Attachments

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
Lea, I have no advice, but just wanted you to know how very sorry I am that your pup has gotten this rotten diagnosis. Try to keep making sweet memories; they'll help you down the road.

·
Super Moderator Leader
53,107 Posts
I'm so very sorry to hear Maxx's diagnosis, my heart goes out to you. I don't have any advice, knowledge or experience to share, but will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Beautiful picture of Maxx, he's such a handsome boy.

·
I miss my Buddy
11,536 Posts
Sending positive vibes and prayers for your sweet boy. Best wishes for New Year.

·
Premium Member
16,438 Posts
I am stricken for you that you had to hear this diagnosis. Please keep us updated. Sending positive energy to you from Maine.

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
So sorry to read your heartbreaking news. Maxx will be in our thoughts and prayers. Hopefully others that have gone through similar with their dogs will see this thread and offer some advice. There's lots of goldens on this forum that have survived the odds given by vets by months, even years so don't lose hope.
We're thinking of you! Maxx is a very beautiful boy.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Lea

Lea

I am so very sorry about Maxx. I will be praying for him and you!

Reactions: leaelise

·
Tess and Liza
6,075 Posts
I am so terribly sorry for you, such a young dog...I wish you a lot of strength the coming months. Please keep us updated, we care...

·
Registered
239 Posts
There is a member on this forum "Mr. Bojangles" who had a dog with this diagnosis. I remember reading about the dog's story as it was around the time our Casey had passed. Perhaps she will see your post and can advise you.

I truly understand how upsetting and shocking this is. My first golden developed lymphoma at age 2 1/2 years.

((Hugs)) to you and Maxx.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I am so sorry to hear this. 3 1/2 is just too young for this diagnosis. Maxx is young and strong and you never know, a prognosis is just that -- a good guess. Regarding diet, there are a lot of good resources out there, just if considering any supplements, run it by your oncologist to make sure it would not interfere with any chemo. My golden is also battling cancer. I have him on grain free low carb kibble and supplement with cooked turkey and vegetables and eggs. Please keep us posted in Maxx's progress -- he's a very handsome boy

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I'm so very sorry that Maxx was diagnosed with this disease at such a young age. Keeping you both in our thoughts and prayers for much more time.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Lea

Lea

Praying for Max and for you,

·
Registered
73 Posts
So sorry to hear about your beautiul boy Maxx. I would never want to give anyone false hope, but my belief is "if we didn't have hope, what would we have". I am here to tell you that my best friend Bridgett has was diagnosed last January 2012 with breast cancer with mets to the lungs with two large tumors in her lungs and one beside her liver or in her liver. They also told me that at most without anything we would have about 4 months with her. Now mind you she has probably had this cancer for a couple of years. One year after her diagnoses she is still doing pretty well. We opted out of any chemo or radiation and only treated her holistically to the best of our ability. She just turned 10 last week. She is starting to go down hill now, but today is a good day and I am blessed to have had her much more than the 4 months that was predicted. I haven't given up hope that I have her around a little longer but the cancer is now taking over. The budwig diet and essiac tea are the two main things we did. I have recently started her on milk thistle. I truly feel your pain. Prayers for you and Maxx.

·
I miss my Buddy
11,536 Posts
It has been awhile, hope Maxx is doing well. Sending healing vibes and prayers.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Maxx is such a beautiful guy! So very sorry that you're going through this with him. At 3 1/2 years, you should have had many, many years ahead. Very tragic! Sending thoughts and prayers for MUCH more time that is free of pain!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hopefully I'm on time with my prayers for your beautiful boy Maxx! Sending healing vibes and healing light your direction for Maxx.
I agree prognosis is just that - we never know the fight our fur kids have in them - Please know that many people are keeping good thoughts for your pup!

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Just seeing your post. I hope you found foods and supplements to give to your boy. Maxx is so young. Hopefully this will help him to fight his battle with cancer. I am so sorry and my thoughts and prayers are with you!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
What a handsome boy! How is Max doing? Please update us. We're battling cancer, too. Scout has MCT. He was also given 6 months with chemo...we're in month 4 and he's doing ok (all things considered). We feed grain free, high protein, low carb. We do fish oil and Milk thistle supplements. We also add dark greens, eggs, chicken, cottage cheese.

I don't know if those are good ideas for all cancer and all chemo treatments but it is working for us.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 50 Posts