Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Maximus update.

601 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Alohaimee 
#1 ·
He is doing better today, and we went for a walk. =) Max has bits of energy here and there, but mostly he sits and pouts. LOL! He had a buddy come over and play to cheer him up, it is spring break after all. I took some cute shots of the boys. The little white fluffball is a Japanese Spitz. His name is Slyder. =)

Thanks for looking. =)

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I am glad that he is feeling better. His little friend is cutie and looks just like my American Eskimo Shelby but she is alittle taller. Good luck and hope he feels better.

#6 ·
I'm so glad he's up and feeling better and had a visit from a friend! I do have a question though if you don't mind? Is his fur normally that short or what it trimmed down? I was just curious since my girl has a HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEE thick fluffy coat at 22 months old and there are time I envy labs that have the shorter coats, usually after shes been out running in the mud or swimming, or daily when I spend 30 minutes a day grooming lol.

#8 ·
I'm so glad he's up and feeling better and had a visit from a friend! I do have a question though if you don't mind? Is his fur normally that short or what it trimmed down? I was just curious since my girl has a HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEE thick fluffy coat at 22 months old and there are time I envy labs that have the shorter coats, usually after shes been out running in the mud or swimming, or daily when I spend 30 minutes a day grooming lol.

Aloha!

I just wanted to answer your question. I don't mind at all. Maximus is shaved down super short bc he had a terrible reaction to his food and I had to apply meds 2 times a day to his skin and give medicated baths 2 times a week. It was IMPOSSIBLE with all the golden fluff in the way!! I couldn't find his skin!! haha!

Normally, he is long and fluffy, though he has had a "puppy cut" before since it is awful muggy here on the island. After reading all the "don't shave goldens" threads, I am feeling like a bad momma for shaving him, but he didn't seem to care much either way. He does look much prettier with his long coat though. =)

Hope that helped. =)

I PM'ed you too...but I wanted to post here in case others were wondering. =)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.