Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just found your forum and started looking around, enjoying the comments from other Golden fans.

I lost Maximilian in September, 2008, at age 14. As is almost expected with Goldens, he had a magnetic personality, while being a fetch master and hydrophile. The fetch and his love of water combined into a unique art that Max mastered in his life - high dive retrieving.

So, I thought I'd share a few highlights of his 14 years with folks that understand how exceptional Golden Retrievers can be...

Best regards,
Jose

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,059 Posts
Welcome!!

So sorry about the loss of Max...the pictures are stunning as was Max!!!

We lost one of our retrievers in March, 2009...he too was a big diver. Unfortunately, he didn't have quite the cliffs to dive from....

·
Premium Member
18,265 Posts
Welcome Jose. Thank you for sharing those awesome pictures of your boy! What a heart of a lion he had, no fear. I can see what a very special boy he was.

·
Tucker - Tanner - Cooper
1,624 Posts
I am sorry for your loss of Max. It looks like he lived a great life with you and your family for 14yrs. That is awesome. I love his diving pictures - WOW ! Welcome to the forum - I just wish it was under different circumstances. Play hard at the bridge sweet Max.

·
Missing Tasha, Sky, & Ral
3,380 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss of Max. Wow did he have a wonderful life with your family. He was a very handsome boy. I am sure you have many fond memories that bring you comfort. Thank you for sharing his story with us.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I am so sorry for the loss of your amazing Max. The shots of him diving are just amazing. He had no fear and looks like he is flying. I think he is now teaching all of our goldens how to cliff dive at the rainbow bridge. Such a handsome and regal looking boy he was especially when he got his sugar face. Thank you for sharing him with all of us. I hope you will stick around and share some stories and more pictures.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Welcome to the forum. So sorry it is under sad circumstances. Your boy Max was incredible what a fearless boy. Those are incredible pictures of his talents. I'm certain you will remember that boy forever and ever.

·
Bailey and Riley
1,454 Posts
Welcome to The Forum, Jose! I'm very sorry for your loss of Max. Wow, what an amazing Golden! Thanks for sharing his story and the spectacular photos. He was a very handsome boy! Please make yourself at home here and share more of your boy, Max. Perhaps when the time is right you can open your heart to another special Golden.

~Jackie

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
Jose, that boy of yours sure did have some fun, didn't he? I lost my boy at a bit over 14, and I know that they longer you have them, the more in love you fall. Max is likely showing all the other angels how to high dive at the Bridge. I'm sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
So sorry for your loss of Max - stunning pictures of Max enjoying himself.

Run free, keep on diving and sleep softly Max

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Now that is one fearless and amazing dog!
How did his diving begin Jose? I am beyond impressed.

I'm sorry you lost Max. When I saw the pictures of him diving and watching a human dive my first thought was that this was a dog that lived life...large! Hats off to you Max.

·
where the tails wag
13,367 Posts
Wow - what amazing pictures of the times you shared with Max - although the circumstances which brought you here are sad, welcome. And thank you for sharing those stunning pictures or your wonderful Max.

Run softly at the bridge, Max - I'm sure there are some wonderful diving opportunities there

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
So sorry for the loss of Max he looked a very happy and very much loved dog.
As Carol said he can teach the dogs at the bridge a few trick's on diving

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss of wonderful Max. I had a Max too who died 11 years ago.

Looks like yours had one amazing fun filled life!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Max

Max is sure one gorgous boy.
Now Max can play with my beloved dogs at the Rainbow Bridge and you will see him, again!!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Welcome Jose. I am so sorry that your magnificent journey with Max has reached it's end. I am so happy that you have chosen to celebrate some of his extraordinary life with us.

I hope you will share more photos and stories of Max with us.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Wow, he definatly has wings now.

I'm sorry about your loss, but it looks like he found the perfect owner and had the ability to fly. He was beautiful.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts