Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
161 - 170 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
We competed at the MFGRC Speciality show yesterday...and it was fun! He was a bad boy but overall it was a good experience. I was very nervous and it was very obvious. I do have some regrets about entering the novice class because I felt rushed that didn't help at all with the nerves. I wish I had done more shows with him when he was younger, but here we are now lol. I got some wonderful advice from some wonderful people following the class and I'm hoping by our next show he'll remember that he's walked on a leash before. Enjoy!

View attachment 883704

View attachment 883705

View attachment 883706

View attachment 883710

I enjoyed watching this and you both did great.

·
Registered
254 Posts
He's looking great - and you want to see bad? Hahahaha! Oh...my boy is finally growing up a bit, but he's been SSSOOOOO much worse than yours at a show. ;)

He is really looking nice and I applaud you for showing him yourself in AKC with all of the handlers. Great job!

·
Super Moderator
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 · (Edited)
He's looking great - and you want to see bad? Hahahaha! Oh...my boy is finally growing up a bit, but he's been SSSOOOOO much worse than yours at a show. ;)

He is really looking nice and I applaud you for showing him yourself in AKC with all of the handlers. Great job!
I need to see Finn showing! I'm hoping something magically changes when Felix turns 3 🤣 we do so much work with him you'd think he would behave by now. He's so big its hard to remember they're still adolescents.

·
Super Moderator
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
Small update! I'm swamped with stuff but we did show in WPB all three days! The first day we get RWD, which while a big deal for an amateur like me, I feel the judge was taking pity on us because he was AWFUL. The judge was SO nice and told me to start going into the ring without bait and it was like night and day!

Saturday and Sunday weren't as successful but his performance improved through the weekend! The video is from Sunday and the photos are from throughout the weekend.

·
Kate
22,424 Posts
Reserve to a 2 pointer is not a pity reserve. You beat out some big name handlers for that reserve. That something to toot your horn about. :)

I've heard really nice things about Dr. Spritzer. He is a good judge.

Congrats!!!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Small update! I'm swamped with stuff but we did show in WPB all three days! The first day we get RWD, which while a big deal for an amateur like me, I feel the judge was taking pity on us because he was AWFUL. The judge was SO nice and told me to start going into the ring without bait and it was like night and day!

Saturday and Sunday weren't as successful but his performance improved through the weekend! The video is from Sunday and the photos are from throughout the weekend.

View attachment 884406

View attachment 884407
Congrats!! He looks great. He’s still young and will only continue to improve, no need to worry!

·
Super Moderator
1,179 Posts
I’m so proud of you! Y’all have really come a long way and you get better every time you show.

I loved showing to Dr. Spritzer last year. He was so very nice.

161 - 170 of 170 Posts