Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, so my little golden pup is 9 weeks today, we've had him for 2 and half weeks and we got a schedule down for eating, drinking and going outside and he's been super good. He usually wakes us up around 3 or 4 in the morning to go out side, and then we get up at 5 and take him out again. I come home everyday for lunch and take him out. Everything has been good up until today, when I came home I noticed he peed in his crate and when I removed the bedding I noticed he peed in another spot as well.
He's never done this before. Is there something wrong?? What can I do to change this behavior.

Thanks,
Justyna, Chris and Marley

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
He might have had alittle extra water and couldn't hold it. I have a 13 week old Golden who doesn't ho;d it for long periods during the day. First day I brought her home she pped in her crate as well. Consider yourself fortunate your 9 week old puppy has been doing sooooo well, and this last incident just alittle "glitch"

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
I could just be an accident. It could be the crate is too large and he has decided to make a bathroom in the corner. If it continues I would have the vet check for a UTI.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I agree with OaklysDad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts