Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a puppy (yet), but in June I will be getting a golden retriever. It seems far away for me to be worrying about this, but I figured I would learn what I can before it becomes a problem.
It may be a dumb question, but I currently have a cat who has been diagnosed with a bladder infection which has caused her to urinate in various places throughout the house. Will this affect my future dog's desire to mark where my cat has peed? I have cleaned all of the spots that I am aware of, but it's possible that I may have missed some. I want to be able to eliminate any possibility of this impacting my puppy's behavior before I get it. I haven't been able to find anything about cat urine influencing dogs.
Thanks!

·
Thor's Momma
1,733 Posts
My cat got mad about Thor coming to live with us. He peed in one of my rooms. Several times. I didn't know it at first and Thor did nothing. It didn't make him any difference. I did have professionals come and clean it up. It was just a couple spots but it's all cleaned up now. He never reacted at all. I don't think you will have any issues :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts