Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Maple is home!

417 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  AndyLL
We picked up our beloved Maple 2 days ago and dare I say she is already potty trained? We got her from Quincy Ridge and they had the pups going on wood shavings. We put that near the door and she has used it twice. She asks to go outside and if we don’t hear her she will bark. In her first hour home she had two accidents but that was it. She loves our backyard!

Maple loves to play. This morning she learned she gets a better response if she doesn’t bark at the cats or chase them. Yesterday she got swatted several times by one of my cats. This morning they were nose to nose sniffing each other. My two cats that think they are dogs want nothing to do with her and are staying upstairs.

she has settled in very nicely. Bed at midnight to two in the morning and I am up by 5-6 in the morning. This morning she went outside to go potty and is now sleeping again.

we love her so much! She was worth the wait.
See less
We picked up our beloved Maple 2 days ago and dare I say she is already potty trained? We got her from Quincy Ridge and they had the pups going on wood shavings. We put that near the door and she has used it twice. She asks to go outside and if we don’t hear her she will bark. In her first hour home she had two accidents but that was it. She loves our backyard!

Maple loves to play. This morning she learned she gets a better response if she doesn’t bark at the cats or chase them...
See more
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Where are her photos???? I'm sure you're taking a million!!! Have you thought of getting bells to hang on the back door? She sounds like a little smarty pants :)
I can’t post photos because they are all on my phone. But there is a photo my husband posted on a different post from last year so search on my name and go to the reputable breeders post. In the mean time I will try to figure out how to get you photos.
She seems incredibly smart but still has no clue her name is Maple.

· the party's crashing us
4,918 Posts
Did you get her from David in Colorado? If so, she is the daughter of my Brix :)

· Registered
55 Posts
Did you get her from David in Colorado? If so, she is the daughter of my Brix :)
Yes! We are the ones that asked about QuincyRidge because at the time k9data was down and not everything had been updated on OFA. You confirmed that the clearances were all fine.

David and Wendy were great and their girls are wonderful. I hope Maple has half the brains Brix seems to have.

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Pet supply Toy

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Fawn Shelf

1 - 6 of 6 Posts