Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Mack at 10 months.....

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Wyatt's mommy 
#1 ·
Mack had his first trip to the groomer today to get tidied up... apparently he was a PITA and she wasn't able to get his feet very close, so I guess I'll be working on that myself tonight with a peanut butter kong... :uhoh: Other than that, he sure is a good boy... I wish more people knew what a wonderful dog a collie can be for a family with kids.

He looked so pretty I took some photos, you can almost see the pollen all over the front porch... :yuck: It's so beautiful here today but I can't open the windows....

See less See more
#6 ·
I've loved Collies since the days of Lassie!!

Mack is looking very handsome after his grooming..............

#9 ·
I've loved Collies since the days of Lassie!!

Me too! It's sort of sad how many people will mention Lassie to me when we are out and about and their kids look all confused and say "Who's Lassie?" Poor things, a whole generation without Lassie and Lad and Benji and Big Red.... I read every dog and horse book I could get my hands on when I was young. I think they're missing out.

#7 ·
Mack is beautiful! I would try having him lay next to you while you gently touch his feet, petting down his leg to them, treating him as you touch them. One trick I use for those who don't like their feet done is I have my daughter petting/fussing over them them as I do feet. The distraction works great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.