Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, it is true that Lushie planned her life so that she will have her "date" with BIS BISS GCH Am/Can Ch. Venture's Boys N Toys SDHF OS BISS at the very day and time the goldens are in the ring at Westminster.

How did she do this? Last early October, LibertyME commented how funny it would be if Lush picked 2/7 exactly, how that would be just so Lushie Plushie .

I waited and waited before telling our handler yes and buying new shoes( I always wear bog boot, lol). That very day- Boom.

So Lush will be bred to Tonka this Tuesday. Fingers crossed and recrossed for baby Plushies.:)

She is a silly goose, and it is like planning the weather to get her to be reasonably close to a plan on the calender.

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
This is such a GOOD thing!! So very excited for Lushie and you too.

·
Premium Member
16,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just have to laugh bc I have learned there is absolutely no control and no predicting these dates. I am a type "A" personalty, and I want everything planned three months ahead. Plus, I try to balance teaching 7 week class sessions with going away to dog shows by painstakingly working through days on the calander. So trying to get Lush to do what I want when I want has been oh so humbling.

·
Esquire Golden Retrievers
4,189 Posts
Of course! How could it be any other way? Lol! :D Something about the timing of your Westminster litter has got to be good luck, though, right?

I will be following this breeding very closely. Long before you ever mentioned this online, Theresa and I were bantering back and forth about breedings we'd like to see, and Tonka x Lush was one we were excited about. :)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Good luck with the breeding!

·
Premium Member
16,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All in the hands of Fed Ex today!!! I am going to write about all this for the Modern Love column in the Sunday NYT.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts