Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I’ve got a 10 week old golden retriever puppy and she’s developed a hard lump on her tummy right by one of her nipples. It’s movable and doesn’t seem to be bothering her at all but it appeared overnight and I can’t help but worry as a lump is always scary. It almost looked like a giant pimple or blister on top but the lump goes under the skin. I’m going to make an appointment with the vet tomorrow but was hoping to get some insight here.

Thanks so much in advance!
Poppy & Bonnie
Eye Whiskers Sky Fawn Snout
Wood Petal Fur Linens Peach
Human body Eyelash Finger Snout Wrinkle

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Believe it or not, we see this issue pretty frequently here. No one seems to have an answer about what these are (including my vet, to whom I sent multiple photos). The good news is, I believe most have resolved on their own. Here’s one thread on the topic: Puppy lump on groin

It’s a good idea to have your vet check it out, but until then I wouldn’t worry about it too much…

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for the reassurance! That post is exactly like what she’s got - thankfully this morning it has gone down massively so perhaps it was just an irritation or a cyst/spot. Thanks again and will update if anything changes!

·
Registered
Kobe
5 Posts
Hello, Kobe had a couple of those when we got her at 8 weeks old. It seems as the bump goes away, the darker specks replace them and then eventually clears up. Our vet thinks it's a bacterial infection of some sort and prescribed us medicated shampoo to wash her tummy/groin area twice a week. As the big ones went away and healed, a couple more small ones have been popping up. They almost look like how cystic acne looks on humans. We've been at it for about a week and a half and she's making progress to a clear tummy and groin area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts