Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! This evening I discovered a lump on Odie's back, right around where he got his vaccines (Rabies, last Parvo, Lyme disease) at the vet on Friday (12/11/09). I'm not sure if this is a normal reaction or something I should be more concerned about. It doesn't seem to hurt him when I touch it, I am able to move it around. I can see it if he is sitting and I am looking for it. He is acting completely normal. He is 3.5months old and weighs 35lbs. Any suggestions???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! This is my first puppy on my own and I'm afraid I am a bit of a worrier. Always better to be safe than sorry!!! I don't have any children, so my pup and cats are my babies!!
 

·
Lost Her Mind
Joined
·
3,517 Posts
I worried about the same thing when mine was going through his vaccines. I didn't have GRF at the time either, so I was even MORE worried. Needless to say, the first couple of months of his life I was on the phone with the vet a LOT. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My first pet was my cat, Armani, who is now a year and a half old. He was rescued from very poor living conditions at a young age and needed pretty intense medical attention at the beginning of his life. I was on the phone or visiting our local cat hospital at least once a week. Now, whenever I call to make an appointment, the staff know my voice and say "Is this Armani's mom" before I can identify myself!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
976 Posts
It's a totally normal reaction to the vaccines. Lily got it too and we freaked out the first time...until our vet assured us that it's a totally normal reaction! :)
 

·
Momma to angel Cody
Joined
·
5,044 Posts
That's a pretty normal reaction, but if it's still there in a week or two, I'd mention it to the vet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,451 Posts
yes, it is a very normal reaction to the injections. Lexi had the same thing happen, and it took a good 3-4 weeks for it to finally go down. Just keep your eye on it, just to be sure it is getting smaller. Like I said, it may take awhile to be fully gone. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Bumblebee had a lump on him for a long time. We took him to the vet and it turned out to be nothing. Just keep an eye on it. Make sure it doesn't get any bigger.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,005 Posts
Gilmour came home with a tube of homeopathic medicine called "thuja occidentalis" as provided by the breeder.

He got a few small tablets twice a day for I think 3 days after each vaccination session.

Does it work? Who knows, but he never had any vaccination issues...
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top