Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just found a nasty little lump on Luna's right front paw. It's in-between two toes, red and inflamed looking and she's been licking it. So I called the emergency vet (because my regular vet was about to close in 30 minutes) and they said it's probably an interdigital cyst and can wait for an appointment w/ my regular vet in the morning. Called the regular vet and set up an appt to bring her in first thing tomorrow morning.

In the meantime, I googled interdigital cysts in dogs and it sounds like they can be a pain in the arse to get rid of. :uhoh: Anyone have experience w/ this? She's not limping yet so that's good. I think we noticed it pretty early.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm going throughout this with my dog Leo.

I'm keen to know how others dealt with it, so far I've cleaned the paw daily with anti bacterial medicated shampoo and soaking in Epson salt water. He's not limping, he runs around normally but I'm curious to hear what others have done.
Will going to a vet and antibiotics heal it?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Oh my goodness, so much has happened health wise w/ Luna since I posted this a year ago that I can't even clearly remember what that bump ended up being... I think it was an interdigital cyst, the vet drained it and removed it and Luna did need a couple stitches. I remember that it came open despite the stitches and the vet ended up stapling it. It healed up fine and we've never had a problem again (with that lol).

Edit - I just remembered that we had to do foot soaks w/ a diluted betadine solution after it was removed. Topical antibiotics won't be able to penetrate far enough to heal it unfortunately since cysts are so deep.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts