Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love what a kind heart my hubby has. We were at the pet store yesterday and we walked past the small rodent cages. There were 3 very small rats huddled in a corner, obviously nervous about the dogs and people running around the store. My hubby goes "Valentino [our 2 yr old rat] needs friends, right?" so I go "yeah, they are social animals." He dissappears and comes back with a clerk. The clerk goes "You wanted to see these guys?" My hubby goes "no, I want to BUY all three." So, meet the new members of our small family:

The tan one is Rudy, the Strong. The grey one with the stripe down his nose is Petey, the Brave.

And this guy is Dexter, the Meek.

The boys are adjusting well...enjoying the better food and multiple treats. Petey has already taken to Maggie, and all three are ok with being picked up, though being only about 6 wks old, they are more interested in exploring and squirming into pockets.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Nice hubby...have to admit rats are not my 'thing' but I've heard they have plenty of personality.

Reactions: Karen519

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
They are just darling! So kind of your hubby to get all three and give them homes. My sister and her family had bald rats (sorry, I know they have a name for these kinds), but honestly they had personalities and if you could get past the naked skin, were really cute guys.

Love the names you have picked out...now you need a King Arthur the Kind..haaa!

·
Registered
494 Posts
I love rats! We had two, Fattie and Rattie, and they were like mini dogs. They loved playtime and were so friendly. After they passed we rescued Wallie from a near snake-feeding incident at the pet store and he was the cutest! He would literally run to the top of his cage to greet us when we came home :) I would love to get another (or two)

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Tell Him

Tell your hubby I think he is wonderful to do that-now they can all be together!

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
I love rats, too. We've had a Matilda, Pearl, Tiny, Salt and Peppa. One day I'll get another one, they're so loving and actually like to be handled. The terrible drawback is that they don't live very long. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts