Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taz's owner sent me an email stating that Taz has been found.
Details to follow........

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just spoke with the owner, Matt.
Taz was found 4 miles from where he was lost.
Matt was VERY appreciative of our support.....I think we'll have a new member.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Oh, that's fantastic. I hope Matt and Taz will join us... that would be SUPER!!!!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
HE sent me one as well. We looked all over the area this morning - just got back and this is the first time I've had email use. We departed he area around 12:15....

This is from he blog, http://findtaz.blogspot.com/

Okay, still no info other than that Taz is getting a vet checkout now.

I wanted him to be at the Wendys at 1 but the vet appointment is too important.

I'm as anxious for the story as anyone and it will be forthcoming
ing! Pictures too!!

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
This is wonderful news!! I too can't wait to hear the details of how he is, how they found him, etc.!! I know both matt and Taz both are really HAPPY today! :)

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I was so worried for him, we drove out and looked for hours, I never realized how many streets, and turns, and woods, and roads were in that area. And hills. It was like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I was telling my husband I'd be so lost trying to locate our guys in this city....but the blessing is it's an active "walking" city and all the parks had people out today and people walking to places.... The roads and traffic scared me for Taz, but I'm so beyond happy for his family and friends. They are blessed today.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I just saw him on the news with his mom - he looked great! (Can you tell this is a dog people area)

This is the local news "found"

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local-beat/MIssing-Arlington-Dog-70893037.html

And this is from teh blog.

From Taz's family friend Judi:

Basically Taz made it across Columbia Pike somehow and was south of Columbia Pike, west of Walter Reed, east of Glebe. Liz and I were working that area this morning based on a report of dog resembling Taz. Turned out a lot of folks were referencing a yellow lab that lives across from the fire station on Walter Reed.

Then a resident saw the dog in a yard, realized it was " the dog on the poster " and called Matt who called Liz.

Taz was so very happy to see his friend Liz, straining to fall into her arms. Liz took Taz to Bob and Edith's Diner on Columbia Pike where he was reunited with Holly and her husband. Taz looks a little shell shocked, but his tail was wagging.

As Hollie said, in response to my observation she and Taz have given so much to others, " guess it was our turn to get some good back". Amen.

From family friend Liz:

Thank you everyone. Taz and family are home now. I am at their home fielding calls and thank you's. I want to thank everyone for their support, efforts and encouragement. Thank you, thank you, thank you. We are heading to the vet soon to be checked out.

Taz was found by a family near 18th Street and Walter Reed Drive in Arlington (Stafford Street to be exact) around noon. Thanks to the the fliers that were posted by the terrific volunteers and the media coverage, we were able to get Taz.

Taz is shell shocked, tired and very dirty, but overall looking good! His leash and collar were still attached!

Channel 4 is doing a follow up story that will air tonight (I believe).

Happy tails,

Liz

·
Registered
481 Posts
I am so thrilled- I took the original post and put it on every forum I am on.. we were all pulling for him!

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now, if we can find Roxie.........

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Taz

So very happy Taz was found.

Now praying we can find Roxie in North Carolina!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts