Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am new to this site and just prior to Christmas lost my beloved female Kelly at age 10 to a stroke. I am still very much in shock as she was fine the day prior and within several hours she was gone. This is my 3rd golden loss in the last 20 years, my first was my big tough male Bailey I lost in 1996 from a brain tumor at age 6. My 2nd loss was of my sweet gentile male Duffy also age 6 in 2003 from a hemangiosarcoma, and now Kelly. My boys were very special, but Kelly was my heart dog. I can't even begin to describe our close relationship, but she was such a loyal companion never leaving my side following the sudden death of my husband in 2001, and a year later was my golden nurse helping me to recover following a bout of cancer. Although I am still very raw from the loss of Kelly, I just cannot imagine life without a golden, and hopefully one day can open my heart to another.

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
OMG, you've been through so much. I can't begin to imagine your pain.

Your days will brighten when you bring more Gold into your life. You have my sympathy. I'm so sorry for your losses.

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
aww so sorry to hear that hun.
maybe in time you will have another gr.
whay not volunteer at a resue centre to help out and interact with some more dogs to see how you feel.
in the meantime welcome, and browse the pics and posts.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I am so sorry for your losses you have been through so much, I hope one day you will be able to open your heart to another Golden.

Welcome to the forum I hope posting on here and reading the posts on here will help bring you a little comfort,there are a great bunch of people on here.

·
"GO TARHEELS!!!"
772 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about your loss of Kelly. When you feel like it we would love to see some photos of Bailey, Duffy, and Kelly. Sounds like you are a lover of GRs just like the rest of us. It would be good if you could share that love with another GR when the time is right. Enjoy your time here on the GRF. By the way, "Welcome" to the GRF from Mandy and me in North Carolina!

Rest in peace sweet Kelly ~ and play lots at the bridge with Bailey and Duffy!

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
So sorry to hear of all of your losses. Hoping that soon you will be able to think of them all with only good thoughts and no sadness.

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
I'm so, so sorry to hear of your loss. I've lost two very special Goldens myself in the last fifteen years, both to cancer, so I can imagine what you're going through. When you can, think about sharing a story or two about Kelly with us. I can't say that I know the "right" way that everyone should try to heal from the loss of a dog, but sharing stories and photos of my boys has always lifted my heart and kept their memories alive in me.

And as far as another Golden goes, there's nothing disloyal about opening your heart again, and there's also nothing wrong with taking your time to grieve. Some people go looking for a puppy right away, and some don't. I'm guessing there's another Golden in your future, but only you will know the right time.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Welcome to the forum. So very sorry for your losses. I do hope you open your heart and home to another golden. As so many of us know, it is so very hard to come home to a goldenless house. I would love to see some pictures of your past goldens.

·
Jester & Piper's Mom
3,325 Posts
I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Kelly. I know what it is like to lose a heart dog...many of us here do. I'm glad you have found us. I hope we can help your heart to mend by being here for you. I will send a little prayer up to my angel boy Kody to comfort your Kelly as she arrives at Rainbow Bridge.

Godspeed sweet angel Kelly..................

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about your losses. Many of us here do understand. I've lost three in the last seven years and miss each for his own special qualities. It seems especially hurtful when it is so unexpected, but never something I am comfortable with.
I hope your pain eases with time. It does make it easier to remember the good times and accept their passing. I hope you find another heart dog to help you through. If not, then show us pictures and enjoy the ones we share, Rest assured that you will never hear "It was just a dog" from this group of people!
If you just need an "ear", you'll find many here.

·
and Miss Riley and Jake
686 Posts
We're sorry to hear of the loss of your Kelly girl. We understand the feeling all too well since we too lost our baby girl just a couple of weeks ago.

A warm welcome to the forum and rest assured the good folks here at the forum will help tremendously in easing the pain of your loss. It is a great group of people.

We'll keep you in our thoughts.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
I, too, am so sorry you've found us under such sad circumstances. As others have said, many of us have walked down that path, and I can assure you that there will always be ears to listen or shoulders to lean on here. We're very glad you've joined us and when you want, we'd love to see pics and hear stories of the special goldens you've had. AND.... we'll be your cheering, ooohing and aawwwing section when you decide to bring another sweetheart into your family. Hugs to you.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome to the forum,
I am so sorry for all the loses you have suffered and the recent of Kelly. She sounds like she was a special girl and when you feel up to it, would love to see pictures of all three of them. Alot of people have found their way here due to the same reason and say it has helped to share their stories with people that understand like we do. Unfortunately so many of us have been thru the pain and know what you are feeling.

Hopefully one day you will be able to share your love with another golden and when you do, your Kelly, Bailey and Duffy will help to train the new pup while walking on silent paws.
Again welcome to the forum and I hope you will stick around and share your pups stories with us.

·
Bailey and Riley
1,454 Posts
Firstly, Welcome to the Forum! I am so, so sorry to hear of your losses, and your recent and sudden loss of Kelly. I know your pain of losing a "heart dog" as we lost our beloved Jake (8 yrs. old) to cancer.

Please know that you are among friends here, many of whom have lost one or more Golden. Hopefully, when the time is right, you will open your heart to a new Golden companion. Until then, we would love to see pictures and hear stories of Kelly, Bailey and Duffy.

{{Hugs To You}} R.I.P. Dear Sweet Kelly

~Jackie

·
MEG
1,568 Posts
So very sorry to hear of the loss of your Kelly. Most of us here know how devastating it is and my heart goes out to you. Hope you can post some pics as we would love to see your special girl.

·
Registered
958 Posts
My heart goes out to you over the loss of Kelly.

We lost our heart dog, Rusty, a beautiful 9 year old golden to Hemangio in January. This is the second dog we have lost to hemangio. 9 years ago we lost our German Shepherd to this horrid disease. During Rustys short battle with Hemangio, we knew that our life was going to be unimaginable without him. There was simply no doubt in our minds that we would have to have another golden. So while we cared for him the last couple weeks he was with us, we also began a search for the next love of our life.
We put Rusty to rest on Jan 10th at 3:00 pm. At 8:00 pm that very evening we called our new breeder to make plans. One of her goldens had just had a litter the day before and so we laid claim to one of the pups. We will bring her home on March 7th.

Rusty was your typical loving caring golden and I believe he would want us to give another golden the same life that we tried to give him. In bringing another golden home, we honor him, by saying that we need another companion just like him. He gave us so much, and made our lives so rich, that we must have another JUST LIKE HIM.

I think Kelly would probably want the same for you. She would not want to see you go through the lonliness and the loss that you must be experiencing. She would want you to give another golden the wonderful life that you gave her.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts