Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I suddenly and unexpectedly lost my 8 year old Daisy. She was in good health besides minor arthritis that was well managed. She was so energetic and playful we had no idea anything was wrong until she just collapsed on our walk. She passed on the way to the vet and they said there was nothing they could have done even if we got there faster. They said it was cardiac hemangiosarcoma and the tumor on her heart had ruptured. I feel so traumatized by the way she passed I don’t know how to manage my grief for my poor baby girl. I never imagined this was how I was going to say good bye to my best friend.

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,208 Posts
I am so very sorry for your loss of Daisy.
It's always hard when we lose them but more so when it's unexpected.

Take the time you need to grieve, take things one day at a time. It's a long slow journey to find peace and for your heart to heal. Be kind to yourself....

When you are ready, if you want to post a tribute to Daisy, tell us about her and share pictures of her, we'd love to hear all about her. I have always found it to be therapeutic, as if it was the first step in the healing process.

Again I am so very sorry for your loss-
Godspeed Daisy

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss of your sweet Daisy..sorry it was so sudden...but I'm sure she was glad you were with her til the end... Know that you did everything possible for her in the end...Don't beat yourself up, Daisy wouldn't want you to......

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. We lost our Brinkley last July to cardiac hemangiosarcoma. He was gone in a day and a half..so awful!

·
Registered
7,331 Posts
I am so so sorry for the loss of your Daisy girl :( . I know the loss you are feeling having gone through it myself with my pups. To be honest I don't know which is worse, knowing your pup is sick and watching them deteriorate or loosing them the way you lost your sweet Daisy. Either way its heartbreaking. Be kind and gentle to yourself and give yourself time to grieve. As CAROLINA MOM said when you're up to it we'd love to hear a little about Daisy and even see a picture of her. Rest In Peace Sweet Daisy Girl.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss of Daisy. I hate cancer!

·
Registered
17,474 Posts
I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious Daisy. Please let me know if you would like her name added to the Rainbow Bridge. Once again so sorry for your loss.

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
I'm so sorry - it's a horrible way to lose a dog. I lost my Ruby, four years ago today, to the exact same thing. It's a horrible disease, creeps up on you, and there's nothing you can do about it. I hope you take comfort in knowing that Daisy didn't suffer. But I vividly remember the awful, terrible time that followed my dog's death, and I send you kind thoughts and strength to help you through it. My sincere condolences to you.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Daisy girl. So many of us here understand your shock and incredible loss. Let the wonderful memories of her help you through this difficult time.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Ouch! What a way to lose your dog. I'm so sorry for your loss of Daisy. Not familiar with this type of cancer and hope we never have to experience. We lost our River to a different type of cancer at age 11, which was still too soon for us, but 8???? Ouch! I agree with the comments about how good it was that you were with her. At least she had family with her when she passed. God bless!

·
Registered
781 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. Eight years is too young. Hemangiosarcoma is the worst cancer and it is common in Goldens. It's fast and often has no symptoms until the end. Even if it is caught somehow there are no good treatment options. There really wasn't anything you could have done differently. I'm sure she was a sweet precious girl and I'm sure you gave her the best life she could have had.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am so sorry for the loss of your precious girl Daisy. There is nothing like the love of a golden, so losing them hits hard. I lost my Abby to hemangiosarcoma (a tumor on the spleen) in 2014. Prayers for comfort--people here do understand what you are feeling.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts