Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two Goldens. One adult male, Bill who was on Innova Red Meat Large Bites. I also have a 9 month old female, Ginger that was on Pro Plan large breed puppy.

I decided to transition the female to adult Pro Plan, and while I was at it I decided to transition Bill to Pro Plan so that I could just get one bag of food for simplicity sake, and the Pro Plan is $15/bag cheaper.

Noticed a couple of looser stools over the last couple of weeks during the transition, but nothing to really raise a fuss over. Today Bill soiled his kennel with diarrehea. Cleaned up and did a little inspecting the back yard only to find a dead mouse.

I am pretty much done with the transition, only one feeding tonight before Bill is 100% on Pro Plan. If he got into some nasty dead mice, or caught and killed it himself who knows now what the true source of the stomach issue is. Both are resue dogs and have never had any intestinal issues like this. Bill was originally on a Low Cal weight maintenance food and we didnt have any troubles when we switched to Innova back in the early spring.

Thoughts? Feed or not to feed this evening? Go back to Innova, keep on with Pro Plan and see if it clears up in a couple days?

Good thing I kennel them during the day. :yuck:

·
Premium Member
18,094 Posts
I would give the new food a couple of days, switching back and forth would probably make it worse. Obviously if it doesn't clear up in the next week you would have to consider putting him back on the food he was doing well on.

We need more pics of your two!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts