Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My grandfather is looking for a golden retriever breeder in the memphis tn area. He wants to get my grandmother a puppy for christmas and their golden passed years ago. Any ideas?

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
My grandfather is looking for a golden retriever breeder in the memphis tn area. He wants to get my grandmother a puppy for christmas and their golden passed years ago. Any ideas?
Finding a reputable breeder that competes in AKC venues and completes clearances is very important. These breeders typically won't send a puppy home as a Christmas gift. They want to be sure that the pups aren't stressed in their new homes during the chaos of the holiday season. Finding a great litter sometimes means waiting...waiting for the pups to be whelped, waiting for a pregnancy to be confirmed... lots of waiting. I'm sure many late December, early January take home puppies are already spoken for.

I'd suggest contacting My Buddy Goldens.

My Buddy Goldens

·
Registered
222 Posts
One idea, once you find a breeder, would be to put a box with new puppy toys and treats under the tree, with a tag that says "For a sweet new puppy, From Santa". When your father asks what this is all about, tell him about the pup, and how it will be a while before he/she is ready to come home. Then he gets the excitement of the xmas present, along with the anticipation excitement of waiting for the new arrival. THis also gives him time to prepare before a pup shows up.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts