Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All! We inherited a two year old Goldendale (Golden Retriever / Airedale terrier) about 7 years ago and he has been an absolute pleasure. Now that he is getting older we really want to bring another puppy along for him to help us train. Does anyone know of any Goldendale pup breeders? Obviously local to Kentucky region would be great, but we would be willing to travel. Thanks for any leads!
Best wishes! Faye

·
Super Moderator
546 Posts
Hello! Welcome to the forum. Good breeders would never intentionally mix breeds, so you are unlikely to find many here who would be able to help you find a goldendale as we are passionate about the Golden Retriever. Is there a reason you wouldn’t want a full Golden? I am not familiar with your area of the country, but there appears to be a local Golden club that may be able to give you a good start if you are open to Goldens

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much. That's really good that you shared that perspective. Which I understand fully. We have just had such a good experience with our current dog who's a mix. Thanks for the referral, I might well give them a call. Best wishes!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello! Welcome to the forum. Good breeders would never intentionally mix breeds, so you are unlikely to find many here who would be able to help you find a goldendale as we are passionate about the Golden Retriever. Is there a reason you wouldn’t want a full Golden? I am not familiar with your area of the country, but there appears to be a local Golden club that may be able to give you a good start if you are open to Goldens

Thank you so much. That's really good that you shared that perspective. Which I understand fully. We have just had such a good experience with our current dog who's a mix. Thanks for the referral, I might well give them a call. Best wishes!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I agree with the post above… no reputable breed would allow a dog to be sold for the purpose of making mixed breeds. Goldens and Terriers are great companions and I hope you find your perfect pup!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts