Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! Can any of you lovely breeding experienced folks give me some leads on a reputable breeder of a family-friendly pet APBT, AmStaff or Staffy breeder in North America? (I do know APBTs are UKC only). Close to PNW would be ideal. They have a rescue and would like to add a dog that they can use for humane education purposes.

I briefly had a look at OFA. Clearances look pretty sparse for all three breeds and hip and elbow stats aren’t too pretty, so will definitely want to be careful.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
946 Posts
If I were you I’d steer away from ABPT and focus more on AmStaff breeders. I think there are far more reputable and established AmStaff breeders than APBT breeders. The AmStaff Club of America has a website and it looks like there are a few breeders on the west coast. Ed & Karen Thomason are in WA.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey! Sorry I went MIA for a while! I found someone who does both breeds via Puppy Culture and have been in touch with her. She is also a +R trainer and will discuss the reality of owning an APBT that’s bred to standard and to work. It’s def not my first recommendation for a family pet but then I’m a GR lover! Different kinds of dogs for sure. Haha.

If anyone wants the name of the breeder pm me!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts