Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - just joined the forum yesterday. We lost our beloved and beautiful golden, Tucker in June this year after 11 and half wonderful years. My family and I are just now to the place where we are ready to adopt a new dog. We live in the Washington DC area but have a weekend home outside Madison Wisconsin on Lake Kegonsa. We are looking for breeders in both locations hoping to find more of what we are looking for. We very much would like to find a breeder breeding darker/red goldens that have a bent toward field skills. We are not hunters but enjoy the training and activities these types of dogs are interested in. First and foremost, we are looking for well tempered intelligence that will make a good and loyal family dog. Our Tucker was a Red Golden and was breed out of field stock and was a perfect fit to our family and the activities we enjoy and we are hoping to continue this with our new dog. We are not that concerned with championship or show but rather we are looking for a structurally fit pedigree wit healthy lines an temperaments. Could anyone make a suggestion as to breeders to consider in either of these areas? Many thanks and I am thrilled to have found this very informative an supportive forum.

·
Premium Member
7,788 Posts

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
My Max comes from Delmarva Goldens in Maryland. Perfect puppy, wonderful temperament, not one single behavioural problem. Sue Rocco is a joy to talk to and to do business with. Caring, dedicated, responsive.
I cannot speak more highly of her.
I don't know your time frame. Her litter is spoken for.

http://delmarvagoldens.com/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts