Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I are looking to add to our family! We have a black lab, who retrieves during our hunts, and two indoor cats. We want a golden retriever preferably an english cream male who would also eventually retrieve on our hunts and I am considering training for volunteer search and rescue with our new puppy, but I need help picking a breeder in our area!

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
This litter is on the ground now in Houston from the great Mercedes Hitchcock of Belvedere

Pedigree: Riley x Ice

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
My husband and I are looking to add to our family! We have a black lab, who retrieves during our hunts, and two indoor cats. We want a golden retriever preferably an english cream male who would also eventually retrieve on our hunts and I am considering training for volunteer search and rescue with our new puppy, but I need help picking a breeder in our area!

May I ask why an English GR? Does it have to be? Make sure all clearances (hips, elbows, eyes, and cardiac) are done

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Nope, doesnt have to be an English cream, but I think they are more unique and interesting.
It's certainly fine to have a preference of what you like in a golden retriever, but I'd advise you to be very careful when screening potential breeders selling "english cream/creme/white/platinum" retrievers. There is only one breed of Golden Retriever. Anyone marketing and breeding dogs based on color is inevitable ignoring more important traits , like temperament, structure and health screenings. These unscrupulous breeders often charge excessively high prices for their puppies, marketing them as "rare" or "exotic." They are all goldens and none are more unique or rare than the other. :) There are many reputable breeders who breed english style dogs, but you will not find them marketing them as rare or exotic.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts