Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe a long shot, but I am searching for a vet that knows Goldens and is ok with titer testing closer to our new home. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator Leader
48,187 Posts
If your breeder is close by, ask if they recommend a Vet.
You can contact a GR Club in your area for a recommendation.

You can check here for Clinics too-

·
Golden Ret Enthusiast
1,941 Posts
Titer testing is sent out to a lab, not usually at you vets office so it doesn't make a difference in general. It usually takes about 3 or 4 days to get the results. Just find a good vet and tell them you prefer not to over vaccinate and like to do titer testing. If they hesitate or aren't on board with that, move on to another vet.

I live in Cecil county MD and my vet is in Delaware. But titer testing shouldn't be a foreign thing to vets these days. Maggie showed immunity at 1 year 4 months old so she's good to go.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
I used St Charles Animal Hospital in Waldorf, specifically Dr Davis though I have also seen the other 2 vets in the practice, my preference is Dr Davis. One of the girls I was taking care of had titer testing and the results were accepted without issue at that practice. Dr Davis was instrumental in preserving the quality of life of my two senior goldens who have since passed both of which had complicated medical issues and was also breeder friendly when I added in my pups. So while Waldorf could be a bit of a hike, it may be an option.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used St Charles Animal Hospital in Waldorf, specifically Dr Davis though I have also seen the other 2 vets in the practice, my preference is Dr Davis. One of the girls I was taking care of had titer testing and the results were accepted without issue at that practice. Dr Davis was instrumental in preserving the quality of life of my two senior goldens who have since passed both of which had complicated medical issues and was also breeder friendly when I added in my pups. So while Waldorf could be a bit of a hike, it may be an option.
Thank you so much!!! This is a great option…I would gladly drive to Waldorf if Dr. Davis is a good fit for us! I really appreciate your help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts