Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have wanted a golden retriever for years. My husband currently live in Washington, DC and have been waiting to move to a place that has more space and is more conducive to raising a puppy.

That time has finally come, as we are moving to California in October. I thoroughly researched breeders and had thought I had found the breeder of our future pup. I was on a waiting list for one of Joanne' s goldens of Tanglewood Goldens that was supposed to be born in early October. Sadly, while confirmed pregnant in August, the puppies were resorbed.

I am now searching for a reputable breeder anywhere within a days drive of southern California.

Has anyone had experiences with Saddle Creed Farms in Ventura? Any other suggestions of breeders I should contact?

Thank you in advance for your support in this process.

·
Premium Member
Lush, Mystic, Hiphop, Dreamer, Sayer, Fable, Magic, Chelsea, Chapin, Cambridge, and Velvet
16,457 Posts
If you could look in your husband's area, Delmarva Goldens, a member here, has lovely goldens.

In CA, there is a group under the umbrella "Forum" that has nice pups once in a while. Even if the breeders below do not have current litters or are a bit too far, they will know how to direct you to an excellent choice.

Forum
Michael & Michele Leon Michael H. Faulkner
Riverside, CA USA 92504
[email protected]
www.simplesite.com/ForumGoldenRetrievers
951/780-0849

Premiere Golden Retrievers
Christine Texter
Redlands, CA USA
[email protected]
premieregoldenretrievers.com

Aubridge Goldens

Robin E. Baker
Sacramento, CA USA
[email protected]
home.earthlink.net/~aubridge/
Birnam Wood

Sylvia Donahey
Cotati, CA USA
[email protected]
www.birnamwood.com

and for athletes/performance goldens:
Emberain Golden Retrievers

Ed & Edwina Ryska
Petaluma, CA USA
[email protected]
Emberain Golden Retrievers
707-664-1344

·
Registered
2 Posts
Saddle Creek Farms

Saddle Creek Farms is the best! We have three goldens from there - now 9,7 & 5 and they have had excellent health, temperament and are just the cutest dogs you can imagine.

·
Registered
10,334 Posts
Saddle Creek Farms is the best! We have three goldens from there - now 9,7 & 5 and they have had excellent health, temperament and are just the cutest dogs you can imagine.
On the current litter Mallory has an insufficient cardiac exam and her eyes are out of date. I didn't look up the others, but noted that they are mostly leased bitches from Jennifer Arn/White Dove/et al who have many, many ripoff reports listed. Not sure what the connection is or why she'd lease from this gal but I'd be cautious if you go there since our associations often indicate our own bent...
realize too that this post is from 2010.

Reactions: altakk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, Does anyone know anything about Saddlecreek Farms in Camarillo? Looking for a healthy Golden with no health problems. If anyone could recommend a breeder in the LA area?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just curious why you would pass? I was looking at Cara x Gio and it all looks good? Please let me know if I am missing something....?
Thank you!

·
Registered
10,334 Posts
Stock from Sandar would be my first no.. and the heart clearances are more often than not incorrect for Goldens- you want the number to either start w ACA or end w C-VPI. Not- p-vpi or s-vpi
And the eyes looked (on the site) to be out of date on the girls- I did not look @ the boys, there are so many girls....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would certainly be cautious of Saddlebrook Farms, because of their connection to Jennifer Arn. We just lost our golden who was from one of Jennifer (Sandar's) Arn's litters. We loved her so much, but she had MULTIPLE health issues!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts