Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am looking for a reputable breeder for an English Golden. I have read all the posts about not reputable breeders and a few were ones I was considering.

I had an English a long time ago and I loved him. That breeder has passed away and I am leary of breeders who seem dishonest.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
No idea where you are from but I would strongly encourage you to stay away from MN English Goldens. You can view threads regarding this and other breeders under the choosing a breeder section on GRF.

·
Registered
9,655 Posts
Last I checked, JoAnne Cava of Tanglewood Goldens was meticulous about having all her clearances. That doesn't mean you shouldn't check before committing, of course, but there is a good history there for dotting I's and crossing T's.
She's in one of the Carolinas, not sure which.

·
Registered
445 Posts
You can also check with Tom and Mary Schulz at Cedars (Front Page). They have been doing some very nice breedings incorporating the dogs they have imported, and doing well at AKC shows with these dogs. This, to me, is particularly important because it means that they aren't just following the EC party line of "English type dogs can't do well at AKC shows." Balderdash. Bring a good dog and it will be competitive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.