Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago I had to have my beautiful Golden/Lab mix dog put to sleep. I rescued her when she was 3 years old from a shelter and spent 7 wonderful years with her. Sandy looked mostly like a Golden Retreiver and she was the sweetest dog ever and I am now hooked on wanting a Golden. I would like to find a reputable breeder of English Golden Retrievers. I live in Alabama, although I am actually from England. A few breeders I have been looking at are (Perfect Peace Goldens), (Lucky Lady Farms) from GA and (Idlewild Retreivers) from TN. Has anyone had any experience with these breeders or know if they are good breeders?

·
Registered
10,557 Posts
An excellent website for someone looking for a reputable breeder of Goldens with English backgrounds:

http://www.starcrowned.com/egnatest/

As you will probably see from the responses to your requests, there are a great many "breeders" taking advantage of the current fad for light and ultra light goldens by marketing poorly undertaken and overpriced dogs.

The Puppy Buyers Fact Checker at the top of the page is as applicable to dogs of English ancestry as it is to dogs of American breedings.

Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
welcome to the forum,
At the top of the page is great information on looking for a golden. It is listed under
A Puppy Buyers Fact Checker.

I did find this information about Perfect Peace
http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/showthread.php?t=56482&highlight=Perfect+Peace+Goldens

Here is a good information too. http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/showthread.php?t=64007&highlight=English+Cream

I found this thread about a breeder that has the type of goldens that you are looking for that there have been several people here have said good things about.
http://www.tanglewoodgoldens.com/aboutkennel.html
Here is the thread about it.
http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/showthread.php?t=55555&highlight=Joanne+Cava

·
Registered
259 Posts
Have you tried Tanglewood Golden Retriever in North Carolina. I almost got a puppy from her 18 months ago but I couldnt take the trip to NC so I decided on a puppy closer to home. My girlfriend has a dog from her and has had no problems with her she is a very reputable breeder. I would highly recommend her. I was very disappointed I could not get a dog from her and I was torn up on which breeder to go with. But in the end I still got a gread dog. Her website is http://tanglewoodgoldens.com/

Most time you do have to be on a waiting list depending on what is available at the time. Good luck in your search.

Kim
NJ

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I was also going to recommend the Star Crowned site. Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, I got my English Golden from Starr Goldens in Ohio. The owner is a little quirkey, but nice over the phone. The dogs are absolutely beautiful, we bought ours sight unseen over the internet and had her shipped. If I had it to do over, I might have gone there, just because we got a very high enery puppy when we really wanted a really laid back one. She is is now 10 months and gets prettier an sweeter every day, but still requires a LOT of exercise to be settled. I have a lot of pics posted in the Puppy gallery (Lacey). You can google them and see their site (not the greatest web site). I almost got an older pup from Tanglewood, but someone got there before me!

·
Kristy
10,251 Posts
I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Sandy, she sounds like a wonderful dog. I've recently gone thru a similiar loss and my home is so empty without my boy. I started looking for a new puppy very quickly, the project helped me focus on moving forward and has been good for me.

I am bringing my puppy home in 2 weeks. My first golden, Baxter, was more of a field background/Topbrass lines and I wanted my next golden to have a completely different look, so I was very drawn to the European line breeders. My research turned up 100% positive feedback on Tanglewood and Ivory Gold on the east coast and Talini on the west coast. When I contacted each of these breeders they were all highly complimentary of each other, which made me feel good that at least each appears to be conducting themselves for the betterment of the breed.

I am miserable without a dog in the house and was unable to wait until there was a Tanglewood puppy available (they live right here in my town) I got lucky and Nancy at Ivory Gold had a couple surprise (hadn't shown up on ultrasound) males born the day before I contacted her.

I have been able to contact a previous client and speak with her and have been very pleased with the process of dealing with Nancy. She has provided her 'puppy families' with a weekly video updating us on their growth and development. I will provide the link and you can take a look at this week's video.

Nancy uses the 'super puppy' program during her puppy's development and appears to be very knowledgeable about what the puppies need during each stage. Today she had a certified canine behavioralist come to give the temperament assessment she uses to help place the puppies with the family which will hopefully give the best fit for each dog and family. Tomorrow she will be calling to have our final discussion to help determine placement.

I am satisfied that she is raising her puppies 'as advertised' and I am very excited about flying down on January 4th to pick up my new baby.

Here is the link if you would like to see the latest video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rtwg-yZfCmI&feature=channel

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thank you so much for all the good info. All of your Goldens are beautiful. I am going to look into Tanglewoods, Ivory Goldens, Starr Goldens, and Star Crowned ,they all sound really good. I love the videos from Ivory Goldens. Thanks again.

·
Registered
81 Posts
:) Hi am from England and got Molly who is nearly three am torn if to get another puppy and watching that link just made matters worse :doh: Never mind good luck in finding your friend:wavey:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I decided to go with Perfect Peace after talking with many other reputable breeders whom know Angela at Perfect Peace. They all said she is a honest and ethical breeder with quality dogs. I'll be getting my puppy on Friday! If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll do my best to answer them.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Good luck with your search. Our Sierra is six month old and she is from Tanglewood Goldens (Sydney/Deuce- D&D goldens stud) - I have only good things to say about them, Joanne is great! Our boy, Tucker, is from Dillon's Outstanding goldens (Clover/Nash) and he is a great dog too. Both breeders are very good about the health clearances and will give you copies of the parents and puppy packets.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts