Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My Fiancé and I just recently bought a home and we have been searching for a puppy to welcome into our little family. Unfortunately Emmanuel Homestead who is where I was going to go to first for a pup, is not currently planning to have any litters anytime soon. Does anyone know of any other breeders somewhat nearby that I can get into contact with? Thank you dearly !!

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Please do take some time to look around as there is lots of great information here, especially in this subforum: Choosing A Golden Retriever Breeder & Puppy

You can also make good use of the search function for the forum to search on particular topics (e.g., breeders in CT).

If this is your first puppy search, you will also find this blog particularly helpful: https://thecaninechasm.com/

Just to manage your expectations, the demand for puppies is especially high right now and it's not likely you'll find a reputable breeder with available puppies until at least 2022. But now is a great time to start investigating breeders, identifying a "short list" of breeders you'd be interested in getting a puppy from, and starting to reach out to see what their breeding plans are for 2022.

Post #13 in this thread lists the breeders in New England that I identified a few years ago when I was doing my own puppy search (I've added to it since). It should give you a good start in narrowing down your breeder list: Looking For Breeder Advice [New England]

As far as I could tell, these breeders ^^ look reputable, BUT if you narrow it down to a particular breeder or litter, just come back to the forum with the AKC registration numbers of the parents/proposed parents and we'd be happy to help you check the health clearances and tell you if we are seeing any red flags.

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Reactions: MyWayGoldens

·
Registered
Finn
250 Posts
Two CT breeders that I know of are Tilly's Goldens and Fox Run golden retrievers. There are also several breeders on Long Island, if that's not too far from you- Wochica is one of the best. I personally would not buy from Tilly's because I don't like the look of their dogs and they don't title their dogs, but they do all appropriate clearances and all of their dogs that I have met (MANY) have very even, stable temperaments. Nothing wrong with them for a pet home. Fox Run and Wochica are long time show and performance breeders that I would absolutely recommend and get a dog from myself.

·
Registered
Finn
250 Posts
Finding a good breeder with available puppies is going to be very hard right now- your best bet is to get on a waiting list.

·
Registered
Finn
250 Posts
I don't have any experience with this breeder, but Ginger Run Goldens also looks reputable, although I don't know that they have available puppies.
My experience with the other two is that I know an infinite number of Tilly dogs, and people with Fox Run Goldens helped me out at a show recently, and both the people and dogs were lovely.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I know a lot of breeders whose interest/wait lists have drastically dwindled and now they’re left with spots open to puppies to place. This is because people jumped at the chance to get on a waitlist but got impatient and got their hands on any puppy they could find, leaving breeders who they originally were waiting for with spots to fill. I’d reach out and maybe see if that is the case or if any of them have availability. In CT there is also My Way, Cloverdale, Sunfire, Valentia. My Way does not have a planned litter at this time. If you’re willing to travel reach out to Kashmir and Gemstar.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
When I was searching, I stumble on Overlook Goldens Golden Retrievers | Overlook Golden Retrievers | United States. Robert Swanson's dogs have a long life. I believe his waiting list is fluid. In general, there is a waiting list for all reputable breeders, but things change over time and you may have a puppy sooner than later.
Yes! I forgot about Overlook. My breeder knows him and as far as I know is reputable. As always double check individual litter parings for proper health clearances.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts