Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - we are looking for a golden puppy and I am so confused by what to look for in a breeder. From previous posts, I sense that I should not go for European Cream breeders specifically, and that hips are very important, and that dogs should not be bred until they are 2 years old.

Any help you can give this newbie would be appreciated.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
16,403 Posts
Some of it is a question of fit for you and you family. Try to hone in on what energy level, gender, looks, etc you have in your mind's eye. Do you want to run and hike with your dog, compete in the show ring, have more of a couch potato? Then we can help you more.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
What part of Maryland are you in? There are 3 GR clubs that cover the state, I'm a member of Potomac Valley GR Club. There is an all-breed show in Cumberland MD the latter part of this week on into the weekend & there is a hunt test local to me this Saturday & Sunday in Brandywine MD

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. We are looking for a male, med to high energy is fine. We are active and like to be outdoors; 2 kids, ages 10 and 14. We are in Baltimore County. Will google the show that was referenced.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Delmarva and Lycinan Goldens are both great breeders in Maryland. Delmarva probably does not have any pups available but I know Cindy from Lycinan may be having a litter in the next few weeks I believe..or going to be breeding again soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts