Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

I am looking for a female Golden puppy to hunt with my 14 year golden (Libbee) I am looking for a puppy out of upland hunting dogs. :)

Thanks
Bruce :wavey:

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
bumping up

·
Grumpy Old Man
4,603 Posts
Hello everyone

I am looking for a female Golden puppy to hunt with my 14 year golden (Libbee) I am looking for a puppy out of upland hunting dogs. :)

Thanks
Bruce :wavey:
I know of a nice male pup that's ready to go right now but not any females.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I do not know of any puppies right now, but I just wanted to say how this is so true how versatile goldens can be. We kept a male out of a litter a couple of years ago for my husband who hunts not only ducks, but pheasants, doves and quail. This was a breeding done for my purpose of showing, but he wanted to try one and it was our first litter. Well lo and behold this dog is awesome at upland game birds and has even caught a dove straight out of the air before! Who would have thunk it. So, I guess my point in telling you is that the golden is so versatile and you may not be able to breed instinct out of them. So, you could look at other lines other than the hunting type to train for a companion hunting dog. They may not be or have as much drive for competition, but for your own use they would probably be fine. Good luck with your puppy search!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts