Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, my family and are interested in getting a goldendoodle puppy. We've been looking around for a while now, and a seemingly good breeder caught our attention, Quality F1 Goldendoodle and Golden Retriever Puppies for sale! they seem to have really nice pups for a quite reasonable price (875). However, I read another thread on allbarkkennels that wasn't quite positive on the breeder. This is our first dog, and we're looking for a good, reputable Goldendoodle breeder in the MD area. Any of you have any recommendations?

Thanks so much :wave::wave:

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Boy have you come to the wrong place. Many of the golden owners here do not look fondly on the hybridization of goldens. :p:

Is there a golden/doodle forum. Here this may help: Doodle Discussion Forum

Good luck to you!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
I believe there is a golden-doodle forum, you might want to do a search for that forum and contact them. As Megora said, this isn't the right place to research mixed breed dogs.
Best of luck to you with your new puppy.

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
Hi - others have told you this isn't a good place to research mixed breed dogs. I agree in the sense that you aren't going to find a recommendation for people who breed Golden/Poodle crosses, but I disagree that it's the wrong place to research.

Research around here a bit and you'll see why pretty much none of us breed enthusiasts support repeated F1 crossing of Goldens and Poodles. It's not some hoity-toity objection because we're breed purists. It has to do with health, temperament, and the predictability of the puppies in the litter. F1 and F2 crosses create highly unpredictable litters whose members may not have the health and soundness of dogs who are carefully bred to a breed standard. You also may not get the characteristics you desire, like a particular kind of coat or a particular temperament.

People who cross breeds and call them "designer" dogs have sort of missed the point that purebred dogs are already designed for specific characteristics. By outcrossing breeds, you lose the predictability of those characteristics.

So whatever led you to think your family wants a Golden/Poodle cross might actually turn out to be inaccurate, and you might end up being one of thousands of families who were promised a "hypoallergenic" dog or one with "the best of both breeds" or one with "hybrid" vigor who found out the hard way that people who sell "doodles" often sell dogs with high rates of hereditary and behavioral problems who don't have a coat that's any easier on allergies than a regular Golden's is.

So stick around and ask some questions or search the forum and learn why both the Poodle Club of American and the Golden Retriever Club of America have made strong statements opposing the breeding of crosses.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh ok, yes I see. I apologize. Thank you for all the quick replies!

Could someone delete this thread then?

Thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.