Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All! I am live in MA and have been interested in getting a puppy for a while now. I have narrowed down my search and am pretty sure I want to put a deposit down with Yukon Goldens. I love the look of her dogs - they have that square, full face. Does anyone have experience getting a dog from Yukon Goldens that they could share with me? Or any other recommendations of breeders who breed dogs who have that square face?

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
If you mean Charlene- I have bought frozen semen from her and found her to be organized. She's well thought of in show circles, that is, her dogs are competitive... so she knows what she's seeing and is not kennel blind.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Thanks. I wasn't sure if the crown on the head should be flatter for the square look. I always think "blocky" and maybe that is the same as square :)

Jules

·
Registered
374 Posts
I suspect that most conformation breeders (those who are breeding to the breed standard with a goal of being competitive in the show ring) will likely be breeding dogs with the blocky head you like. When I see narrow heads on dogs (male or female) they've almost always come from pet stores or back yard breeders. You may also see the somewhat narrower head on some field lines (many of whom are reputable breeders... they're just more likely to be concerned about a dog's working ability than potential for show ring wins).

I'm not familiar with Yukon (though a quick look seems like they're a good prospect if no one else says otherwise), but if that doesn't work out, I'm sure we can find you other breeders in New England who are producing dogs with "blocky" heads. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts