Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum. I would appreciate any advice in finding a good, serious amateur breeder. My wife and live in Des Moines, IA. We have had had Goldens since 1975 and usually have three. We are looking for a bitch from a field / agility line. That said, first and foremost, the puppy must be friendly, social and want to be a good member of our family. I do not hunt the dogs, but we do agility with them and they all have their TDI. The young ones run with me regularly.

We are looking for a puppy because our 7 year old had hermangiosarcoma and we just put her to sleep. The 12 year old has mesothelioma and will probably be gone within a month. Since 1989 we have gotten our Goldens from friends in England, who are breeders. Unfortunately, they will not have a litter from one of their bitches until 2013.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Kristy
9,794 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm sorry it's been so tough for you all lately with the loss of one dog too early and the illness of another to deal with. This is a great forum for finding a reputable breeder and I'm guessing you are willing to travel a little bit since previous pups have flown across the ocean...

I'm sure you will have some one chime in here fairly quickly with a recommendation... if you don't receive a response tonight, you might try posting again on the performance and agility board. Some of those folks are pretty knowledgeable and may not look at this board as often.

Best of luck to you in bringing home the right puppy for your family.

·
Registered
926 Posts
If you are looking for a field line golden who can also do agility I would highly recommend Tanbark (Wisconsin), Highroller (Indiana), High Times (Miners kennels, Illinois) and Topbrass in the midwest. Tanbark has a litter due in February, Highroller has two litter planned for the Spring/Summer and you would need to call Nancy Miners for Breeding plans. I also believe MVP Goldens has a litter due in February.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Beamer x Beach

This should make an outstanding agility litter due in March.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts