Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping someone could give me information on reputable breeders in the MA, NH, ME areas that I can contact.

We are looking for a family pet and would love a golden retriever. I have had one or two dogs in my home since I was a young child and for the last three years we have been petless, and to be honest, it just feels like something is missing! Now that my daughters (13 and 10)are older, I would love to give them a chance to grow up with a dog in their lives that they can help love and care for. As a kid, we had always gone through breeders for our dogs (cocker spaniels, cairn terriers and Irish setters) and they were some of the best dogs I have met. When we married, we stuck hold and managed to adopt a mixed breed who was the sweetest and smartest dog ever. She lived a good life and losing her hit us hard. I would like to open our hearts again.

I understand going through a breeder can be a longer process, but we are willing to put in the time and effort needed to get a dog that we can share our home and life with!

Any recommendations you can make would be very much appreciated! We are willing to go anywhere in the MA, ME and NH areas!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Try Nancy Dellaire from Swansea MA, Twin Beau-D goldens. This is my 14 month old male Riley that I got from her. Her dogs tend to be on the lighter side, if that matters to you. I have no idea if she has any litters coming up but we had a good experience and Riley is my love bug. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,395 Posts
LazyDaze Goldens in MA, Goldiva and Royal River Goldens in Maine, and Profile Goldens in NH come to mind, and there are so many others too. Make sure any litter you consider has clearances on both parents for Hip, Elbow , Heart, and eyes, no matter where you look.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
Every breed has a rescue group so why don't you start there? Also, sadly many pure bred dogs are brought to shelters through no fault of their own so you could also try that. It's easy enough to do a search for the local golden retriever rescue near you....there's also petfinder.com, I found my sweet Emily (a pure bred bichon frise) through them.
Good luck with your search, I hope you find it in your heart to save a life.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts