Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! My husband and I have been looking for a golden for a couple of years and have had no luck. This would be a family dog for us. We aren't really in a spot to have a puppy so we're looking for one that is at least a year old, but not a senior.

I've called local GR adoption agencies and a couple of local breeders, but nobody has been very helpful. Was wondering if anyone had a connection to a GR that needs a good home or a breeder who would be willing to sell a retired dog. I'd even be open to working out an arrangement where they could still breed them!

We love lighter colored goldens, but the most important thing is that we just want to find a sweet family companion.

I'm in Mobile, AL but willing to drive a few hours if we found one. Any advice, tips or introductions would be much appreciated!

·
I miss my Buddy
11,537 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,641 Posts

·
Kristy
10,422 Posts

·
Super Moderator Leader
54,150 Posts
Have you contacted the Golden Retriever Club in AL?

They may know of a young Golden that is available-

puppy

Here is the link for the Golden Retriever Club of America, I got the above info from their puppy referral. You can contact the Golden Retriever Club in your area or surrounding areas. The Breeders on the referral may know of one that has a young adult available.

Golden Retriever Club of America GRCA: The Official AKC National Breed Club

Puppy Referral-

Golden Retriever puppies:Golden Retriever Club of America (GRCA) ALL ABOUT GOLDENS

If you go to Petfinder.com, the shelters and GR Rescues list their available dogs for adoption on this site. You can go to the Shelter or Rescue Group's website to view the adoption policy, requirements, process, available dogs, and submit an application online.

Sometimes the groups have dogs that are being treated for medical problems in the Rescue, they aren't listed as being available for adoption until they are cleared medically. If you don't see what you're looking for and are considering adopting, I would recommend you go ahead and complete the Adoption application and process. When a dog becomes available you are interested in, you would be on the Approved applicant wait list and would be contacted first.

Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Hi there! I am not far from you. I know a breeder In Houston that just posted two boys (3 and 5) that are currently looking for a home together. They are trying to keep them together. All up to date on shots and neutered. Their owners are getting divorced...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts