Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

It's been very hard for me since my Candy went to the Bridge..Can't believe it's almost 2 months, I'm so blessed to have had her 16yrs,and her spirit and memories will be in my heart forever. I also have her ashes and plenty of pictures, I think about her every day.. I will be writing some crazy Candy stories real soon, trust me there's alot of em :) No other Golden will ever replace my baby Candy.
I've come across a beautiful female 1 yr old Golden named Kaya, where the family doesn't have time to be with her. We know these Goldens need exercise and love. :)
I'm going to see her tomorrow, I'll know then should she be my new baby girl. Nothing will ever replace my Candy,she was my first Golden, but won't be my last. I just feel since I've had only 2 dogs in 29 yrs back to back, I really miss the companionship of another Golden.
Should I adopt Kaya,I'll be putting up pictures for all to see.

Nancy

·
Official Trout Bum
4,216 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about Candy - sounds like she was a true angel - I look forward to hearing your stories. I hope Kaya is the right dog and if she is you'll be surprised how much room you have left in your heart for yet another Golden.

And of course please post pictures.

Pete

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
So sorry to hear about Candy she sounds like a total love. It's amazing how much we can grow to love them and need the to fulfill our lives.

When I lost Sunshine I couldn't think for months, but I knew I wanted another Golden and I knew I wanted two. No two dogs (or cats) are the same they each bring something unique and special into our lives. Darby and Kirby are very individual and I remember the evening I brought Darby home, I sat on the sofa holding him (7 weeks) sobbing because I wished Sunny could've shared the experience.

I hope Kaya is the right one for you, it's amazing how they can help you heal.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Your Candy sounds like a wonderful girl. I'm sorry for your loss.

When my Maggie went to the Bridge I wasn't sure if I wanted to love and loose another pet again. But less than a month later my daughter surprised me with Hank. Opening up your heart to another dog makes all those memories less painful.

I hope all goes well when you meet Kaya tomorrow and she finds a forever home with you.

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
No dog will ever replace your beautiful Candy. But their are so many dogs that need love, I hope you have found your new fur baby. Let us know how it goes and post pictures if you bring Kaya home.

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
Im sorry about Candy...very sorry. I am looking forward to seeing pictures of Kaya, should you decide shes the golden for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts