Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Remy's Mom!
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

It's been way too long since I've been on here and my boy is now 5 years old. I had planned for years to get a Flash pup as my next dog, but I just learned that he is at the end of his breeding days. I haven't done a ton of research yet, but I was wondering who YOU might recommend that I look into for my next field pup?

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
If you're in the Texas area I'd take a look at Katian kennels. *KATIAN KENNEL - Home - About Us

I'm a big fan of their boy Django. She runs him in tests up here during the summer. Definitely verify all clearances are in place and take a look at the pedigree, just like with any breeder. They do have a litter planned for later this year.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
There is a Wyatt (very nice dog) litter on the ground now in TX. 2 puppies available as of 08/18. Check the RTF Golden classifieds

·
Registered
814 Posts
The best places to find high potential breedings are the classified sections of Retriever Training Forum ("RTF"), as mentioned by Claudia, and Entry Express. Of course, Jackie Mertens's Topbrass Kennel website should also be consulted.
There is a dearth of FC/AFC goldens at the moment. I can recall only one earning a title in 2016 ... at least so far ... and that would be FC Redd Man ("Chewey"). I know that there's a Chewey litter that will soon be born.
Have fun looking!
FTGoldens

1 - 5 of 5 Posts