1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Magica Goldens
1,363 Posts
Yeah still waiting on results - not so patiently waiting. Teller's dad was entered in breed (he's out there to pick up his ACE award too) so we've got a "vested" interest in the results :)
Erica

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi everyone,

I was at the shows this week. My boy took BBE class in 2 out of the last 3 days entered (Birnam Wood's Wink N' A Smile, Toby; handled by Sylvia Donahey; Gibson x Sammy). He was in the 12-18 class for the shows leading up. These were very good wins for us since Beth Johnson was there with her BBE class winner from the National. Unfortunately, we came up empty in Winners Dog, but got nice looks. He's going to come home and grow up a little before going out again. We were hoping he would get his second major so we could cruise home to his Championship, but it wasn't in the cards. He's done well for his brief show career with multiple BISS, BBE BIS, plenty of class wins, and 9 reserves!

For me the nicest class stuff were the young dogs. Many nice dogs 18 months and under. There were different dogs in top 4 for the open dogs for all shows. Toby's full brother from another litter, Apollo, was WD on Thursday. The WD from Saturday was very nice. I believe he was owner handled by a woman from Korea. Also, Beth Johnson has a very very nice bitch in the 9-12 class, Summits Emery Its In The Bag. Won every day and I'm surprised she didn't take one of the majors.

As far as the BOB goes on Sat, Treasure was not her best this day. She looked tired. We all know how she normally leads her handler around the ring. She took the lead, but barely. She seems to need a rest. These shows are stressful for any dog. My boy got back to the hotel and literally crashed. I have pics of him crashed on the bed while we are packing around him. He also slept in the car for another 8 hours for the ride home...not a peep. I really like Treasure, but in my opinion, the nicest bitch that day was Lexus. She's going to be incredible next year. Hobo was the BIG hit on the days I was there (Thurs-Sat). Vegas was very special this day. Also, Gaia was not in any BBE competition.

There were lots of Chaos, Hobo, and Gibson kids there. Those three must have sired a least 25 of the 106 entries.

BTW, Toby got to do some dock jumping after he got 3rd in BBE on Satuday. It was super fun. Sylvia his breeder got a big kick out of seeing it.

I took pictures and will post a few once I've had time to go through them all. I have some nice Hobo, Treasure, and Lexus pics.

Janice

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Janice, thanks so much for posting that!
And congratulations on the wins, that's amazingly impressive. Can't wait to see the photos!

·
Gone to the Goldens ;)
1,150 Posts
Thanks for posting! Oh, who is Lexus? Sorry... :p:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts