4,417 Posts
What a handsome, happy buddy!

Reactions: diane0905

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
What a handsome, happy buddy!
Thank you! He's such a fun, smart, and sweet dog.

About an hour ago, I put a tennis ball inside his ball with the hexagon cutouts. My agility instructor suggested it. He's been trying to figure it all out. lol

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
Swimming has commenced. I’m ordering pool bumpers and toys today. He was finding left over toys from last season the grands had out there, a tennis ball which I tossed in the trash right after swimming, and a very well loved bumper that has seen better days.

Took a break and is, apparently, contemplating very serious things.

·
Super Moderator Leader
51,210 Posts
Great pictures and fun video, very nice pool you have.
It must be warmer there than it is here on the NC Coast, we're only at 75 and it's breezy.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
Great pictures and fun video, very nice pool you have.
it must be warmer there than it is here on the NC Coast, we're only at 75 and it's breezy.
It's 77 and breezy currently. It was probably 75 when we were out there. It's sunny and he doesn't seem to think it's chilly at all. I only put my feet and calves in and it felt a tad chilly to me. It's the complete submersion that really gets you early on in the season. :D

thanks about the pool. I asked Brian to get that put it in when Luke, my last Golden, was young because it gets so dang hot here in the summer. My grandchildren love it too and visit often.

·
Super Moderator Leader
51,210 Posts
It's 77 and breezy currently. It was probably 75 when we were out there. It's sunny and he doesn't seem to think it's chilly at all. I only put my feet and calves in and it felt a tad chilly to me. It's the complete submersion that really gets you early on in the season. :D

thanks about the pool. I asked Brian to get that put it in when Luke, my last Golden, was young because it gets so dang hot here in the summer. My grandchildren love it too and visit often.

It looks really nice, I know you get a lot of use of it and really enjoy it.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
Logan had agility today. I ran a bit late getting ready and didn't have time to take him to play fetch for about 10 minutes pre-class. It was also 50 degrees and it's been quite a bit warmer. He showed us his exuberance for a while. lol

Once he got into his zone, he did:

1) teeter and she commented on how he could care a less if it bangs down as he runs across and that's a good thing. I told her I haven't found anything Logan is wary of yet.

2) He did A-frame, jumps, and the hoop.

3) He had his introduction to the dog walk. She told me to walk slowly to let him adjust. He ran across the thing. Since he seemed wary none, we went ahead and practiced it for a bit with a target at the end. He does 2/on, 2/off well and I can even run on ahead without him leaving until I release him.

He posed for me on our walk after:

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
I babysat my three grands from Friday to Sunday. 🤪 It was a lively adventure. I bought Logan new pool toys and we hung out there for a while. It's still too chilly for the kids to swim, but Grace (the oldest) ventured in to her waist even though she was not wearing a swimsuit. 😅

Swimming

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 · (Edited)
So, I know I'm a little bit cuckoo because I had a call back on a mammogram today and one (not the only) of my first thoughts when I found out last week was that if something happened to me, who was going to make sure Logan has the full life I want for him?

I received the all clear today and am much relieved. I took Logan for an out and about hike into the watershed. We also just had a last minute invite to try agility class tonight with two other dogs. Alison (agility instructor) said one of them is a very friendly Golden Retriever. Perhaps it will be love at first sight. 😅 She said the other is a very focused Border Collie and he will just stare at all the antics. lolol

Here's Logan and me — happy to have dodged a bullet.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 · (Edited)
I was so proud of Logan at agility tonight. His instructor asked if I wanted to bring him to her group evening class to see how he would do. He has been (and will continue) taking private lessons. I had told her how he gets excited and wants to meet other dogs.

He did not run to meet the other dogs and did his obstacle work. Yay! She had raised the dog walk a bit, but he didn't care and did his target work great.

One of the other dogs was a very focused Border Collie whose owner told me he has double hip dysplasia :( -- only 11 months old. She just brings him out there to do non-jumping work to keep his mind busy.

A field Golden was the second dog. Man. She had some energy. She definitely tried to run over a few times, but her owner was nice enough to warn she would and I took Logan outside of the fence when she worked. No need to reinforce that. She seemed very sweet.

there was a kiddie pool out there and I let Logan get in it. He loves a pool and doesn't seem to size discriminate. lol

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #179 ·
This is a photo of 17 month old Logan who was a 100% good boy on his walk this morning. I give him about six feet of his 10 ft line when we are walking on the road and he stayed with me. I give him more line when he can sniff empty lots or what have you. It took a while to get him not to hit the end of the long line while we are on walks, but he was on his A game this morning. We passed people, a stroller, and he resisted a bird (miracle!) He so loves birds.

One dark Golden was out running on a longer line with his master. Poor baby looked hot -- he was panting so and white foam on his mouth. I put Logan in a sit at a stop sign and the man let his dog get within two feet of Logan's nose saying, "He looks friendly!" Logan stood, but he did not lunge. I give Logan 100% anyway despite him standing because people aren't that bright. An older couple came up and talked to me within a few feet and the lady moved forward and petted Logan. He did not jump or act cuckoo. Yay!

Getting there!

Attachments

161 - 180 of 192 Posts