Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Boo. Logan has a bit of a hot spot near his nethers. I think something must have bit him. Luckily, I had on hand hot spot powder (topical antibiotic) from the vet. I clipped, cleaned with chlorhexidine pads, let dry, powdered, and then put him in a suitical (onesie) I had on hand. He can still slightly get to it due to location (right beside the family jewels), so last night we rigged up a t-shirt over the onesie (put his rear legs through the arm holes) and he slept on our bed through the night w/the help of Benadryl. It looked much better today, but still in need of healing. He's wearing his suitical and the dreaded cone for the first time. He is not a fan and not budging much. It should only be for a day or two. Tough mom love can suck big time.

I took a photo of him impersonating a lamp, but it is beneath his dignity to put it in his picture thread.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Awww, hope the hot spot goes away soon! :)
Thank you! It's looking better. We decided on his suitical suit and a donut for his neck. He is definitely not a fan of the cone. He doesn't seem to mind the donut. I'm only putting that on him when I'm not around. He's not messing with it much now.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
We had a nice morning walk! We went to the watershed area in our neighborhood. In places, it looks like a scene from a scary movie. In the black and white shot, Logan saw roofers for the first time. He was trying to work out why they were up there.

·
Registered
114 Posts
There are some days when I look at Windsor and I think to myself, "my, my... he's looking like Logan!" Haha! Same pretty smile and coat.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
There are some days when I look at Windsor and I think to myself, "my, my... he's looking like Logan!" Haha! Same pretty smile and coat.
Awww. Your Windsor has the sweetest smile and is so handsome. How old is he? This is Logan right around four months.

I love his smile.
Haha. This is like pulling out baby photos. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
114 Posts
OMG, Logan has the BEST smile. Windsor just turned 5 months two days ago. And right now, half of his back teeth are gone so when he smiles, he looks like an old grandpa missing all his teeth. Hahaha. I often look back at 8 week old photos as well (we took so, so many) and reminisce about those days... they grow up so fast! :p

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
OMG, Logan has the BEST smile. Windsor just turned 5 months two days ago. And right now, half of his back teeth are gone so when he smiles, he looks like an old grandpa missing all his teeth. Hahaha. I often look back at 8 week old photos as well (we took so, so many) and reminisce about those days... they grow up so fast! :p
Ha -- when Logan's were coming out it was quite the horror show when I brushed his teeth. I saved one of them. I smile when I see it because I feel I may be losing it when I start saving puppy teeth.

·
Registered
8,835 Posts
LOL who can throw a tooth away?I've apparently long since lost it if that's the determiner, Diane....

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Oh -- I meant to say while we were at the Capitol today this man with two large Golden Retrievers came running up to meet Logan because the dogs were pulling him over to us. I don't love that, but wasn't as worried because they were Goldens. Well, one of them started this deep growl which was definitely not friendly. So, I moved Logan back and the man pulled his over against a fence. His dog was quite snazzy by then and Logan responded with a few loud barks and getting big. He sure wasn't cowering. :ROFLMAO: It is the second time a dog has gotten snazzy with Logan and I like to imagine Logan is saying, "I'm your Huckleberry." lol I so love that movie.

Anyway, joking and moving on from the man not asking me if his dogs could meet my dog, I wonder if it's because Logan is still intact? He was being perfectly well mannered when the dog decided to pull out his inner Cujo.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
I didn't encourage Logan to get all the way in because the pool is freezing A and I didn't want to get in, but I think he's ready for some swimming fun soon. I couldn't remember catkin to save my life. I'm happy the pool guy is out there right now getting rid of the catkins.

Logan getting his feet wet

141 - 156 of 156 Posts