Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1281 - 1300 of 1340 Posts

· Registered
Ramses, golden retriever bred in France 😆
762 Posts
No alligators in France but aren't there polar bears up in Norway/Denmark?
We had some brown bears run loose sometimes back up north but they are quite shy and generally avoid human contact actually .. When I was in Finland, there were a few that got into the streets - nothing bad though 🙈 I don't know about the bears in the US though...

True we also have polar bears - mainly in the Arctic circle - mostly they are curious about humans but our huskies are good to alert us. There are the rare cases of polar bears that do attack but really rare..

I don't know if any of them waiting for us at golf courses 😆😆 I guess in comparison France is pretty boring!

· Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,283 · (Edited)
Our holiday break is almost over. When we head to obedience class on Wednesday, we will be a mess — but the all play, no work break has been heavenly.

Today, we took Logan and Abby on a walk, and then took Logan on another longer walk, and then rode our bikes for five miles. I’ve already hit all of my Apple Watch numbers, so that’s nice.

I haven’t taken Logan to the beach yet because his dryer hasn’t arrived. It should be here soon. He needs a spa day and will get one Tuesday when I get home. We drive to Spartanburg Wednesday for class, and then Thursday we head back to the beach.

Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Carnivore Plant

We stay away from these pretty areas because its where the gators live:

Cloud Sky Plant Water Plant community

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Corn on the cob Companion dog

Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape Plain

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Tree

Oh — and the sun rises right off the back of our beach place. It’s so beautiful. I took a short video (sans sound because a guy was out at sunrise blowing leaves.)

I really wish we could just move and plant ourselves here.

· Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,285 ·
I took Logan on a two mile walk today and then we played fetch for a while on the tennis courts. After that, it was spa day time. He never smiles during that (haha), but he’s very cooperative during the two hour process. He needed the works. We played a bit after that and I’m pretty sure we are closing in on a nap.

Oh, oh — and genius dog owner for the day was a lady who had her doodle (medium size) dog off leash up near the playground when we got out of our car. He was barking and doing the zoomies and was just being generally cuckoo. Well, she kept walking him along off leash and then he was coming towards us barking over-excited. She told him to heel and at the same time I told Logan to heel. Her dog’s version of heel was to run out into the main road and across it. It’s the road that leads into our neighborhood and is pretty well-trafficked. He headed on over into our pond area where I take Logan often. Logan was a good boy and came into heel and sat. To top it off, the lady looked at me irritated like I had done something wrong.:ROFLMAO:

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Fawn

Carnivore Dog breed Plant Fawn Dog

Plant Dog Flowerpot Dog breed Carnivore

· Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,291 ·
We took a nice walk today and then watched the grands play at the park — it’s only about half a block down the road. After that, we had lunch at the Marsh House and now Logan is taking a walk with my husband. I cleaned house and am now about to read. Logan LOVES when the grandkids hang out.

This is first thing in the morning. Adler was the only one who had invaded our space so far. Lol

I don’t know if y’all are getting the sensitive content warning like I did for this photo — It’s literally Logan on the couch and Adler laughing while wearing his pjs.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Dog Smile Comfort Liver Carnivore

We found some new undeveloped land on the island. No idea what they plan to do with it — probably more houses. We saw a lot of marked trees.

Dog Carnivore Tree Dog breed Plant

· Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,292 ·
I started co-teaching puppy kindergarten last night at our local obedience club. We had two Golden Retrievers, a Lab, a Spaniel mix, a German Shorthaired Pointer, a Cocker Spaniel, and a Golden-Doodle will start coming next week once she finishes her shots. Precious & a pretty calm puppy class. 🐶💗 We had one piddler and my co-teacher was quite distraught, but I figure that’s a part of the deal with six months and younger pups.

One of the owners of the Goldens was a pretty lady who brought her son with her. He seemed to be about twelve. She said it was her first dog ever! They were doing great with her (a four month old), but the lady kept saying she felt like she was in over her head and that the dog was very lively. She was quite calm! Lol I told her she was doing great and she was welcome to have my email if she had any questions once class was over.

I don’t think I’m going to have much to do in this class other than setting up and playing with puppies.

Here’s a few photos from our last couple of days at the beach and one of Logan’s new toys — they are so cute!:

Charlotte chose this toy for herself — it said on the tag it’s a Golden Retriever. Lol

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Mammal Companion dog

Logan does not enjoy my coffee time. He wants to go on a walk first thing:

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Whiskers Fawn

Brian (husband) told the grands he would give them each a dollar if they would not say a peep for 10 minutes. Logan was quite concerned they had all gone quiet. Lol

The couple who owned this house before us liked off-white a lot. Perfect for dogs. 😂

Table Couch Furniture Dog Comfort

Aren’t these cute? I (not Logan) need the other characters. Lol

Toy Textile Headgear Art Stuffed toy

We have a free day back in Columbia. Tomorrow is obedience class in Spartanburg, Thursday is our first agility class in forever at our trainer’s new field in Gilbert (I think! Ha) and then we are back to the beach for the weekend. After that, we are settling for a while and we will get back to field training.

Here’s Alison’s new field! I’m excited to see it. I’m holding out my opinion on the dirt. We’ve been on grass. Hope it brushes out easily. 🙃

Sky Plant Tree Natural landscape Asphalt

· Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,296 ·
Logan went to agility this morning at a new location — same teacher — she’s building a house and the new field I posted a few posts back is awesome. Logan hasn’t been to agility for a while and he did so well. She said she even made the course more complicated than the ones he was doing on the smaller field. He was full of energy.

After agility, we drove almost three hours to Kiawah Island. Agility is away from our home there, so it took longer to get there than normal. Once we got to the island, I took him on a three mile walk. He seems pretty spent now. My husband isn’t here yet with Abby and I know for sure Logan enjoys us all being together. They should be here soon, so he’ll be happy to see that.

A few photos from our walk. Logan doesn’t love the metal slats they have at lookout areas. He’ll go out on them though. I think his toes definitely do & paw pads almost drop down into them. I don’t let him poke his head out towards/over the water because of gators.

Water Dog Dog breed Carnivore Fawn

Water Cloud Sky Coastal and oceanic landforms Lake

Water Dog Carnivore Dog breed Fawn

· Registered
Ramses, golden retriever bred in France 😆
762 Posts
Oh I know of these sort of slabs. We had them in France. When he walked, it was like we had put boots on his paws 🤣 It was funny. Maybe Logan didn't like them because he could sniff the gators?

1281 - 1300 of 1340 Posts