Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

101 - 120 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yes! He was tempted by a soccer ball some young men were kicking around, but he just watched and smiled. I think he would have pursued off leash. lol Right next to them were frisbee throwers. :ROFLMAO:
Oh gosh... the balls are always the most tempting for our girl. Good for him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #104 (Edited)
Back to the State House and Horseshoe today:

Much less crowded today -- there were tons of students last time we visited.

At our State House.

Logan had fun. We sat outside and ate right after and he probably had 20 different students stop to tell him how beautiful he is. He also made friends with a Capitol police officer when we were there.

I'll brag on him a little bit. We haven't eaten out a ton during this pandemic, so Logan hasn't gotten a bunch of practice. He does so well! He doesn't bother the waitresses, although he may have given today's a little kiss when she leaned over with a glass of water to fill his bowl. (She giggled over something.) He just sat or laid there mostly as people walked by. He even kept his sit when a large Doodle walked up to meet him -- an eleven year old. Logan is still young, so I was proud of him for that.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Logan on the go today on the tennis courts. We made a return visit since we were rained out yesterday.

Logan gets very excited to find tennis balls. I just let him play with them out there and then they go back in my pocket and home to a drawer. I don't like him chewing on them.

In other news, Logan's schedule for this week is:

Monday (yesterday): We worked on rally stuff at the obedience club. This is all self-taught with the help of a Fenzi course, so the videos are entertaining and informative as to my mistakes and mechanics

Tuesday: just playing and a long walk

Wednesday: obedience club to train

Thursday: Field trip to the university, etc.

Friday: agility class

Saturday: something fun -- I don't know what yet

Sunday: Sesqui park (he hasn't been there yet) for a hike

His pandemic life is much more exciting than mine. lol

·
Registered
680 Posts
Love the pictures of Logan on the tennis court! As a tennis player myself, I think Logan has potential to be the next greatest tennis player! :LOL:. Looks like Logan is going to have a fun week! :)

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Logan's 2X2 weave poles came in. This is our very first attempt with them. I like recording first attempts so I can go back much later and think, "Wow, I sure was clueless." :ROFLMAO:

Logan watched through the window as I tried to figure out how to put the poles and guide wires together. He had his head cocked like, "She doesn't know what the Hell she is doing." lolol

Logan has new weave poles!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Wow for a first attempt, it is really good!! Logan seems like such a smart boy! :D
Thanks! Logan has tried weaves a few times in pre-agility foundations, but not this 2x2 setup and not at home with me. I had him in the driveway because his doggie neighbor friends were out in their yard and I didn’t want to do it with the distraction right in his face.

·
Registered
8,835 Posts
What a good boy he has grown to be! I'm so proud of him! And you are a fabulous trainer, Diane.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #117 (Edited)
Logan's first visit to Sesquicentennial State Park. It was chilly and breezy, but he loved it. We stopped by to check out their dog park, but not go in because we'd have to sign up and fill out paperwork first and we have not done that. After checking it out, that's a definite no for my sweet boy. Looked wild. lolol A man in there with his two dogs said it could get happening, but dogs have disputes sometimes and that's normal. I'll pass on disputes with strange dogs. We have a dog park in our neighborhood in the mountains that is about two acres and almost always empty. We will stick with it.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Here's Logan from agility today. His teacher has this raised bed/platform and Logan did so well going to "place" and waiting as we chatted in between his work sessions. He's a good boy! I love the collapsible Ruffwear bowls -- they have a carabiner, so I can connect them to his harness, leash, or wherever.

He practiced tunnel and three jumps set in a very wide set pinwheel formation, teeter with it raised higher (he didn't mind), and then a jump plus A-frame & two on/two off. He is on his A-game in the mornings and was a shining star other than really wanting to bring the instructor's six month old Border Collie (so cute & sweet!) home with us forever. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Logan on the go today on the tennis courts. We made a return visit since we were rained out yesterday.

Logan gets very excited to find tennis balls. I just let him play with them out there and then they go back in my pocket and home to a drawer. I don't like him chewing on them.
View attachment 881100

View attachment 881101

View attachment 881102

View attachment 881103

In other news, Logan's schedule for this week is:

Monday (yesterday): We worked on rally stuff at the obedience club. This is all self-taught with the help of a Fenzi course, so the videos are entertaining and informative as to my mistakes and mechanics

Tuesday: just playing and a long walk

Wednesday: obedience club to train

Thursday: Field trip to the university, etc.

Friday: agility class

Saturday: something fun -- I don't know what yet

Sunday: Sesqui park (he hasn't been there yet) for a hike

His pandemic life is much more exciting than mine. lol
Might want to sign him up for the US Open!

101 - 120 of 156 Posts